Bongo Garage near Wakefield?

Moderator: Ian

boddhi

Bongo Garage near Wakefield?

Post by boddhi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 11:17 am

Hello there

Does anyone know of a garage that knows about Bongo's near Wakefield?

Someone I know up there has developed a "squeak" and nees to get it checked out before I buy it from him!!!!

Thanks

Boddhi
waycar8
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Garage near Wakefield?

Post by waycar8 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:17 pm

Welcome boddhi, not one around here i am afriad, theres http://www.sovereigngarageltd.co.uk/services.asp who advertise on this site who do all wellhouse conversions repairs but they are in huddersfield.

When you say a squeel, what type of squeel ?.......fan belt type or sumat else?, any good garage will be able to find out whats wrong, where abouts in wakefield is it?
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 12:33 pm

Hello there and thankou for the reply.

I'm not sure where the squeak is. What's happened is that I'm bidding on a Ford Freda that ends today on Ebay, I'm the winning bidder so far, but the seller has emailed me and said hat it has developed a squeak since listing. It's this item no 260377780181.

He says that he has taken it to Halfords?!!!! and they think it is an air con thing. I'm in a bit of a panic because it ends today as I said. He has said that he will take it to a proper garage tomorrow and that he will get it fixed but I really wanted a mechanic who knows bongo's to look at it.

Not sure where he is in Wakefield - I'm stuck down here in Exeter and it's a long, long way away!

All I can hope is that it's not serious and that he can get it fixed. He has said that the final price will include the cost of the repair or he will reduce the price by whatever the repair will cost. He seems like a very honest chap and the van looks nice so I don't want to lose it - been looking for ages for one within my meager budget!
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:21 pm

do you want me to nip and have a look for you mate?, i live in wakefield but its a big place lol, i dont mind nipping over and have a look around it for you :wink: , the guy has put his number on the add so i can always give him a bell and pop over and give it a good going over for you, but if if he is willing to have the work done then he seems an honest chap.

Regards Wayne
B*Witched Blingo
Supreme Being

Post by B*Witched Blingo » Sun Mar 22, 2009 2:52 pm

Looks nice. A squeek is important and needs looking at. Another minor detail, Where's the passenger seat Head Rest?
You Tube Films Click Here
"Get your wellies out. No likey floaty Bongo's"
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:26 pm

Wayne, thankyou so much - just checked the forum and saw your very kind offer. The sale has ended now and what we have agreed is this:

I've bought it for £1950. he is going to take it to Sovereign Cars in Huddersfield (recommeded in this forum) and get the problem identified and fixed at his own expense.

He seems like a really nice chap and so hopefully he won't be stung too much - at the end of the day I think I've done ok and I don't want him to out of pocket too much. Thankyou once again for your kind offer - you guys are great! I'll keep you informed.

ChellandAdy - Blimet good spot! I didn't see that. I'll find out and thanks for pointing it out.

Marc
mister munkey
Supreme Being

Post by mister munkey » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:34 pm

Let us know when you're coming to pick it up Marc, we'll have a minimeet & general check over with you.

8)
The only true wisdom is in knowing you know nothing. http://www.travelblog.org/Bloggers/MisterMunkey
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:40 pm

Mister munkey - thank you so much! My wife and I are blown away by the kind nature of you guys and forum members in general. The offers of help and advice have been extraordinary. I will certainly let you know when I'm coming up.

Once again, thankyou so much.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:41 pm

Welcome boddhi. Sounds a good price if its a sound motor so fingers crossed for you. Great service from the BF guys on here. I'd take up their offer of a minimeet as they can tell you a lot about a lot. Good luck and keep us posted :)
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 7:45 pm

Thanks mikeonb4c, I will definetely keep you informed. You're right about the great service. When we set on on this trek we were thinking about VW T4's, Hi Ace's, Granvia's and Bongo's. To be honest, one of the reasons for going down the Bongo route was looking at the Forum and how helpful everyone is.

I used to be a member of MX5nutz forum when I had my Eunos and they were the same - something about mazda owners perhaps?
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:13 pm

Like chris says (mr munkey), let us know when your coming up and we can sort some cuppas out around at ours and show you the works of the bongo, I am on my second now so have ive picked up a few bits of knoledge on the way :wink: .

keep us posted, he sounds a genuine guy so hopefully you have got your self a good buy :wink:

Regards Wayne, ps have you find out where abouts in wakefield it is?
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:18 pm

Hi waycar8 (sorry but don't know your real names? Mine's Marc by the way). The guy is in New Crofton apparently.

Marc
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:27 pm

boddhi wrote:Hi waycar8 (sorry but don't know your real names? Mine's Marc by the way). The guy is in New Crofton apparently.

Marc

Hi Marc, like i have replied in my previous posts, mines Wayne :lol: :lol: , New crofton is about half an hr away from me, so when you pick it up gives a shout and we will sort a mini meet out, and have a chinwag and cuppa.

Cheers Wayne
boddhi

Post by boddhi » Sun Mar 22, 2009 8:33 pm

Of course Wayne, that'll be great. Thanks. My wife has got some cousins near Leeds and Otley, so we'll probably make a couple of days of it while we're up there. Looking forward to it as I haven't been to Yorkshire to my knowledge. Lucy (my wife) tells me that Leeds is a fab city.
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Sun Mar 22, 2009 9:05 pm

is anyone invited to the minimeet then.
mike, jo and emma

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”