how much should i pay?

Moderator: Ian

sparksy

how much should i pay?

Post by sparksy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:15 pm

how much should i exspect to pay for a 1997 bongo low milage in good conition.?
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Re: how much should i pay?

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:18 pm

My brother has just bought an N reg bongo 80 thousand kilometers on the clock from Wheelquick Wigan for £4500.
Lost without my Bongo.
sparksy

Post by sparksy » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:20 pm

hi, did he get any warranty or extras,full service maybe?thanks
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:37 pm

sparksy wrote:hi, did he get any warranty or extras,full service maybe?thanks
fully serviced ,wax oiled new cam belt,filters, glow plugs the lot, new alloys and tyres,and a load of camping gear that came with the bongo. and Wheelquicks guarantee, take it back and they fix it.
Lost without my Bongo.
lizard
Supreme Being

Post by lizard » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:37 pm

What is a full service :?: Garages are selling a full service from £89.00 around here. A chap I know had a full service and his engine froze :shock: at the next winter.

What is a full service, what does it include, these questions need to be asked. :?: :?: :?: :?:
There is more stupidity than hydrogen in the universe, and it has a longer shelf life.

F Zappa
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:44 pm

A full service should include at least new filters (air and oil and fuel) new oil change, new coolant (if needed), glow plugs (again if needed).and with the two Mikes at Wheelquick they will tell you if something needs changing/fixing but will let you decide when and if you want them done.
Lost without my Bongo.
francophile1947
Supreme Being

Post by francophile1947 » Sun Feb 08, 2009 6:58 pm

As a rough guide, a full service involves changing oil. air, fuel and, if fitted, pollen filters, as well as checking brakes, tyres, suspension, exhaust, levels of coolant/screenwash etc. and lubricating hinges. Interim service usually misses out the air, fuel and pollen filters.
There is not normally any check of the quality of coolant, brake fluid etc, unless it is part of a scheduled service in accordance with the manufacturer's instructions i.e. changing coolant, gearbox oil, brake fluid etc. These are usually only done at your request, or by main dealers to boost their bills :twisted:
John
(Evidence that intelligent life exists in the universe, is that it hasn't tried to contact us)
moonshine

Post by moonshine » Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:34 pm

sparksy wrote:how much should i exspect to pay for a 1997 bongo low milage in good conition.?
Don't worry about the mileage Sparksy. A Bongo engine, well looked after, should be good for at least 200,000 miles. On the other hand, one that has been neglected and then thrashed may be clapped out in 50,000 miles. How will you know? Condition. On a 12 year old vehicle it is everything, as the same rules don't apply as they would if you were buying a vehicle 2 years old. One with too low a mileage would make me suspicious. Has it been parked up for ages, as it has given no end of trouble? Has it been stood idle for long periods at a time? That does more harm to a vehicle than regular use. Or finally, has it been clocked?

Don't forget, if you were buying a conventional 12 year old British car, 90,000 miles would be low mileage.
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Mon Feb 09, 2009 1:18 pm

Pop your location in your profile.

By the way - if you buy from Wheelquick you needn't worry about a 'paper guarantee' - you will be well looked after. I bought mine from there about 18 months ago.

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”