Local members and their skills

Moderator: Ian

dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Re: Local members and their skills

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Thu Feb 12, 2009 11:27 pm

hi pam, it sounds very much like cable damage on the rear door where it goes through a grommet into the body of the bongo. we had the same on ours, had to strip out the rear panel of the tailgate, pull out the wires and put new in, all joints heatshrunk, shouldnt take you too long to do, i did a factsheet in the members area with regards to this. hope your handy with a soldering iron. :-s
seriously ive got a lot of auto electrics to do, waycar8 and di and jamies alarm to do so if your not too much in a hurry could do the whole lot together over half a day ](*,) ](*,)
it would take a while to do pam but im certainly up for helping you especially with flapjack on offer.
mike, jo and emma
stilldesperate
Tribal Elder

Post by stilldesperate » Fri Feb 13, 2009 1:55 am

Hi Pam,

My background is electronics - I'm in B in W, can do a test or two, and, if Dreamwarriors' suggestion is right, happy to rewire and heatshrink.

If you PM me, I'll let you have a contact number. (I'll have the tea - let DW have the flapjack!)

Dreamwarrior - (without going out in the dark), what dia heatshrink is needed for the loom - I'll bring some home tomorrow!
"The older I get, the faster I was"

karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:22 am

i can offer tea, emergency accomodation,and pick up if anyone gets stuck in the dales and a wild camping spot,(not at lambing time) with water and bonfire but no loos (though you can use ours) Keith was a mechanic many moons ago so knows some stuff - i know nothing.
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Fri Feb 13, 2009 4:54 pm

THANKS to Mike and stilldesperate for the fab offers of help. Have PM'd stilldesperate..... as he lives in my village !!!! We must have seen each other and not realised we were both fury member :roll:
So hopefully he can fit me in to fix my probs [-o<

Re skills offer : I can only offer tea/food/someone to share problems with....[without telling others.] and my undivided attention. Please don't be afraid to ask....it used to be my job before I retired !

Thanks lads =D> =D> =D>

Pam
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Fri Feb 13, 2009 7:25 pm

im sorry cant remember the dia of the heat shrink, i just had a great bag full of the stuff.
mike, jo and emma
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Fri Feb 13, 2009 8:01 pm

If the wiper motor is at fault i might have one, cant remember if i have the rear one, or just the front door ones Pam, let me know if its not the electrics and i will have a dig about in the shed and have a look :wink:
stilldesperate
Tribal Elder

Post by stilldesperate » Fri Feb 13, 2009 9:07 pm

dreamwarrioruk wrote:im sorry cant remember the dia of the heat shrink, i just had a great bag full of the stuff.
Thanks,Mike.

Brought a few different sizes home from work! My usual stuff is all small dia. Hopefully sort the prob out, and let you know what it was.

Will be in touch, Waycar8, if the motors gone.

SD
"The older I get, the faster I was"

yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Fri Feb 13, 2009 11:33 pm

Thanks for that Waycar8...as stilldesperate says , will let you know if we need you to go shed foraging !
Where are you in W.Yorks ?

Pam
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Sat Feb 14, 2009 5:13 pm

yorkshirelass wrote:Thanks for that Waycar8...as stilldesperate says , will let you know if we need you to go shed foraging !
Where are you in W.Yorks ?

Pam

Just off jc27 off M62 a couple of miles up the rd (liversedge).

Cheers Wayne :wink:

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”