cambelt

Moderator: Ian

carr

cambelt

Post by carr » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:29 am

Thank you all for my warm welcome and the advice on the hold light all is well just my lack of info.More help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi can anyone tell me where I can have my cam belt changed in the Leeds area my clock reads 54,600km but have been advised to have it done as the bongo is 12 years old. Also how much it should cost.
Thanks Tony
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: cambelt

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:48 am

carr wrote:Thank you all for my warm welcome and the advice on the hold light all is well just my lack of info.More help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Hi can anyone tell me where I can have my cam belt changed in the Leeds area my clock reads 54,600km but have been advised to have it done as the bongo is 12 years old. Also how much it should cost.
Thanks Tony
Costs vary but (from vague memory and at a very rough guess) it shouldn't cost more than £150 and many have had it done for less I think. Some peeps say to make sure they change the cambelt tensioner at the same time (so I would ask them to do that) but other peeps have I think said it is not an issue on Bongos. No doubt the experts will be along shortly to comment. 8)
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Fri Oct 03, 2008 6:25 pm

Hi and welcome carr, I do not know of garages in leeds that could do the work, but sure you should find someone competent to do the job, there is a factsheet on the members area that covers the work involved :wink: good luck :wink:
Image Pete
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Fri Oct 03, 2008 10:15 pm

carr wrote:Thank you all for my warm welcome and the advice on the hold light all is well just my lack of info.More help needed!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Thanks Tony
Welcome, why not have a ride over to sunny Wigan and get it done at Wheelquick? :wink:
To infinity and beyond
chiefster1976
Bongolier

Post by chiefster1976 » Thu Feb 19, 2009 1:23 pm

Had mine done at Barwick garage, barwick road, Leeds(just off A64 going towards York from Leeds)..
£120. but that was around a year ago...
Racing green with extras!!Self build full side conversion which rocks!!!

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”