New owner from Newcastle upon tyne

Moderator: Ian

BEVANDGED

New owner from Newcastle upon tyne

Post by BEVANDGED » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:10 pm

Hi everyone.
Bongo owner for 3 weeks.
Bought locally from a dealer, full conversion.
Have sat here night after night for six weeks reading through the topics and have drove my mechanic wild. (Good job hes my uncle). Everythings on her has been checked and double checked as ive became paraniod about coolant systems, ATF etc etc etc. Even been in the pit wax oxling her myself today. Carpet dying day tomorrow.
I love this little Bongo camper to bits already and understand why everyone on here are so passionate about theirs.
Theres a couple of little jobs need doing. ie. little rust on rim of back wheel arches and sills but will be out there soon getting it sorted.
One happy New Bongo owner !!!!!!! I love it !!!
Bev :lol:
Ps...Hope ive posted this in right area.
not so old
Supreme Being

Re: New owner from Newcastle upon tyne

Post by not so old » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:15 pm

Welcome to the forum. It sounds like you have your Bongo's health well under control and I am sure you will have much enjoyment from her. Hope to meet you at the meets

Anna
Things always get better after they are worse
So it's good to make things worse as soon as possible!
missfixit70
Supreme Being

Post by missfixit70 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:37 pm

Welcome Bev, sounds like you've well & truly caught the bug :wink:
Stick your location in your profile by clicking on "user control panel" top right, then we know where you're at in future posts :D
Get some photos up then :D
You can't polish a turd - but you can roll it in glitter.
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Tue Aug 19, 2008 7:57 pm

welcome Bev, i wouldnt say i am pasionate about my bongo, i just treat it like one of the family 8)
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Wed Aug 20, 2008 10:42 am

welcome bev - dont get too paranoid or you,ll never dare drive her. :D
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Wed Aug 20, 2008 11:27 am

Warm welcome Bev :wink:
Image Pete
BEVANDGED

Post by BEVANDGED » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:29 pm

How long has it taken me to suss out photobucket?
Couple of photos at last.
Will do more once after its had its new wheels n kit done, hopefully next week.
Thank for all the lovely welcomes.
Bev
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:50 pm

Welcome Bev. The motor looks real neat and as a plus, you shouldn't get too many asking what car it is, or if they do........tell 'em to got to Specsavers :lol: :lol: :lol:

Great little motors aren't they 8)
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Fri Oct 10, 2008 8:15 am

Nice decals - welcome aboard.

Maybe some of your future photos will make me feel nostaligic for Newcastle. I get that way every time I cross the bridge :(
BEVANDGED

Post by BEVANDGED » Sat Oct 11, 2008 6:41 pm

Mobilecat.
The Tyne bridge is celebrating its 80th birthday this week. PC not working at mo, using laptop so no photos. But i will post some as soon as i get it sorted. I take it you must be from this part of the UK too.
Bev
Raff

Post by Raff » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:30 pm

karena wrote:welcome bev - dont get too paranoid or you,ll never dare drive her. :D
That's exactly what I got especially with the coolant system even after getting a Mason Alarm and Low coolant alarm fitted. Your lucky to have a mechanic on had as there few and far between in the North East. Just sold mine. GLAD TO SEE THE BACK OF IT. Now I sleep at night ! :D
Peg leg Pete
Supreme Being

Post by Peg leg Pete » Thu Dec 18, 2008 8:42 pm

That is sad to hear, we had problems with our Bongo a couple of years ago, we sorted out the problems, which lead to a much better understanding of the coolant system, this also has the upside of building up our confidence in coping with any further problems of our beloved Bongo now she has reach her thirteenth year :wink:
Image Pete
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Dec 18, 2008 10:56 pm

Gotta say, my Bongo has been the most (bar none) reliable and economical to run (not to say most useful and wonderful) car I've ever had. Can't fault it, even though I was fearful of what I'd done when I first bought it. But it has been absolutely outstanding so far. 8)
BEVANDGED

Post by BEVANDGED » Fri Dec 19, 2008 6:40 am

Raff.
Sorry to hear the Bongos gone.
Well the top hose burst on ours travelling back from York in November :cry: , recovered by the AA. (free with safeguard insurance) :P . Must say "Worth its weight in gold" !!!!!! =D> Bought 2 new hoses online and waited and waited until i could find someone i could trust to fit them as my normal garage was closed. Posted for help on here regarding the bleeding, (THANKS GUYS). £70 later our Bongo was back on the road, hoses fitted,coolant drained flushed, refilled with long life stuff and bleeding done. He even asked me to take it back the next day to check levels again. Luckily i spotted the hose problem as it happened, 85mph in the outside lane but managed to get off road within seconds so no major damage caused. Only lost 4 ltrs of coolant in total.
I must say that iam pleased that this happened, i now drive the Bongo without the fear of it breaking down. Its basically the same as any other vehcile on the road, they all breakdown at some time. With the right roadside recovery and BASIC knowledge of what your driving , simple routine checks on oil and water etc along with regular garage services (im a women) i honestly dont think i could change the Bongo for anything else now. Its a car, a van, a camper and the most comfortable thing ive ever driven.
Its just cost us £1300 to keep our vectra taxi on the road for another 12mths so i guess the Bongos winning in this household!!!!!!
Bev
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Dec 19, 2008 2:05 pm

Great news Bev. If you haven't done so, I really REALLY would fit a low coolant warning alarm for peace of mind in future. But I agree, the Bongo is a fantastic motor

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”