Garage in Hull or York??

Moderator: Ian

apssrf

Garage in Hull or York??

Post by apssrf » Thu Aug 14, 2008 6:51 pm

Hi everyone, lovely to meet you all

We are new owners of a Bongo and live near Hull and wondered if anyone knows of any good garages in Hull or York that you would trust with a Bongo? I am thinking we will need to get our coolant changed at some point after reading all the horror stories on here about coolant. I have just checked it though and it's a nice clear pale blue colour with a sort of chemical smell so am hoping it's got a fair amount of coolant left in it. It's a recent import though so I now realise the importance of not just bunging in some British coolant. Also, would like to find a good garage to do servicing etc on it. am def going to get one of those coolant alarm things fitted so need someone to do that.

Have been mega impressed with all the support available on this forum. We have had our Bongo five weeks now and have been away every single weekend, it is the best thing I have ever bought in my whole life. We showed it to a friend of ours three weeks ago and, you've guessed it, he just bought one as well! How cool is that!

Cheers :D
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Re: Garage in Hull or York??

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:37 pm

ive used this garage before and was pleased with the service they provide. ive taken both my vehicles in for the mots for the past 3 years and they have always been curtious and helpful. when i had a problem last year with the bongo, i took it in on spec on one saturday morning, they did a few checks ie compression and gas test and didnt charge me for it.they also sorted out my turbo problem when another garage i went to first didnt have a clue what was wrong.
they also service a couple of people with the ford ranger which basically has the same engine.
http://www.autosafeclifton.co.uk/
they are down wiggington road in york.
mike, jo and emma
apssrf

Post by apssrf » Thu Aug 14, 2008 7:44 pm

That's brilliant thanks, I will give them a try.
apssrf

Post by apssrf » Thu Sep 04, 2008 5:37 pm

Mike - I was thinking of taking our Bongo to them for quite a big service as we have no idea of its service history so I want to get a lot of the stuff done thats on the Service fact sheet. Have they done servicing stuff on your Bongo and have they done a coolant change on yours as I know from I have read that's quite involved?

Thanks for your help
Jackie
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Thu Sep 04, 2008 7:45 pm

hi jackie,
im quite good with the old bongo servicing so only use them for the stuff i havnt got the equiptment for. do my own coolant changes and even replaced cambelt myself with help from a good mechanic friend. im sure if you give peter the factsheets needed he will tackle it no probs.
mike, jo and emma
lateshift1968

Post by lateshift1968 » Thu Jul 23, 2009 12:22 am

Thanks for recommending this garage.

Took our Freda in for a full service earlier this week. The guys there were clearly know their way around Bongos and even mentioned this site :D .

Good friendly guys that have done a good job. =D>
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Thu Jul 23, 2009 9:53 am

they do try their best for you which gives piece of mind
ive been going to them for 6 yrs now admitting not often but its nice to have some backup
mike, jo and emma
saracen

Post by saracen » Fri Aug 14, 2009 8:08 pm

Realise I'm a bit late on this thread, but wanted to say that I've been using Copmanthorpe Motors for the last three years, and have found them really helpful. Not sure how to go about getting them added to the Bongo-friendly list, but would like to see them there...

Return to “Yorkshire & North East”