TheNewRooster
Junior Bongonaut

Charity Farm meet Oct 19th, *just over 4 weeks time*

Post by TheNewRooster » Sun Sep 16, 2018 10:17 pm

Admin, please remove if not allowed.

Calling All Bongo Peeps.
The time has come to post up the details of :

The 'Tawreet' Northern Meet.

To be held at Charity farm in Wrightington nr Wigan, just off Junction 27 of the M6.
The date is Friday the 19th October & Saturday the 20th October and if anyone wishes to book the Sunday night, this can be arranged.
There is room for 40 units, 10 with EHU at an extra costof £3.00 per night. Sadly, after talking to the site owner, they would prefer if people did not share their EHU due to high power consumption cost.
If we can get 35 definite bookings, then the cost is £14.00 per night, per unit, Vehicle with awning, or vehicle with medium tent. I do have a list with the names of EHU preference and all 10 have gone. Please still ask, as you could get lucky if someone drops out?
I am thinking of a 'Jacobs Join' for the Friday night?
I will bring a 3m x 3m Gazebo and some trestles and if anyone else could volunteer another Gazebo, that would be great.
If anyone does not know what a 'Jacobs Join' is, its basically where people congregate bring your own drinks and have a good chin wag The main idea is to bring food to share. At other 'Jacobs Joins' I have seen sandwiches, pies, sausage rolls, chicken legs, soup, chilli, stews, cakes, etc. It is basically a surprise buffet.
If people wish to partake, please can you pm me with your thoughts on your delicacy offering, we don't want 300 ham sandwiches and a dozen pies lol
As the Blackpool illuminations are on at this time, there has been some interest in having a Bongo Congo through the lights on early evening of Saturday 20th. If anyone wishes to manage the organising of this, please pm me and I will display your name for people to pm you.
Well Behaved Dogs are allowed, but must be kept on a lead, whilst on the park. If any dogs are left to run loose, you could be asked to leave the park with no refund as there is a strong equestrian connection to charity farm and a frightened horse could be very dangerous. There is a dog walk area on site.
There are some great facilities on site and also some good fishing, so if you are a keen angler and fancy a quiet few hours, this is ideal.
Fire-pit hire and logs are available from the site. Please NO throw away BBQ's or fires on the grass.
For more details on the facilities, please click the link below and have a browse.
http://www.charityfarm.co.uk/index.htm
I will be paying a large deposit next week, so anyone wishing to book, I will require a 50% deposit, or payment in full if you wish. As this is a private and not a club run meet, I will use a personal account and Paypal account for payments. If using Paypal, you must use friends and family, or if you wish to pay the fees, then by all means use the normal Paypal facility.

Please comment on this post only. I will cross reference to the list I made from the 'testing the water' post as to who is interested as if we get more than 40 units, we may have to squeeze people in a little, or even book extra space with the site?

Please comment
Your name and how many nights only, also if EHU is wanted. There are none left at the moment, but there is a list of hopefuls in case anyone drops out.
I do have a short list of EHU's taken for medical reasons.
Feel free to email me if you have any questions?
I'm Back.... A little older, wiser and a lot calmer.
TheNewRooster
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Charity Farm meet Oct 19th, *just over 4 weeks time*

Post by TheNewRooster » Thu Oct 18, 2018 11:38 pm

Stay safe anyone travelling to the meet tomorrow or Saturday.

Oh yes....We will be holding a raffle. Tickets on sale Friday and Saturday, to be drawn Saturday evening.
Prizes are:
Bongo cushion , donated by the remarkable Moira Dodd.
Bottle of Red Wine
Bottle of White Wine
Set of Remote Control colour changing LED's

Choice of prize except for the last one drawn out. Sadly, you get what is left.....lol
I'm Back.... A little older, wiser and a lot calmer.

Return to “North West”