BODYSHOP RECOMMENDATIONS - MERSEYSIDE

Moderator: Muzorewa

HazelM
Bongonaut

BODYSHOP RECOMMENDATIONS - MERSEYSIDE

Post by HazelM » Sat Apr 09, 2016 10:13 am

Hi all! I am pleased to report that my P Reg Bongo passed the MOT this week so now wish to sort out her rusty rear wheel arches - strongly suspect it will be a replacement job. Having looked at the list of recommendations I can see the nearest to me (Wirral, Merseyside) is Williams Garage, Wrexham but am wondering if anyone has used and been pleased with similar work carried out in the Liverpool/Wirral area? Am happy to visit several in order to obtain suggestions/prices etc. Many thanks in advance. Hazel, Herman & Hanz PS Hello :D to anyone who may recognise my name from several years ago!
HazelM
Bongonaut

Re: BODYSHOP RECOMMENDATIONS - MERSEYSIDE

Post by HazelM » Fri May 06, 2016 3:46 pm

Hi all!

Just to let you know that I can now 'recommend' Gary Maddocks of Maddocks Garage, Selby Street, Wallasey, Wirral CH45 7LN Tel. 0151 630 1771 for sorting out rear wheel arches (not replacement) & respray, plus sorting out rust on the guttering (hmm...I had left the figure of 8 on...will not do in future) + rub downs & touch ups here & there.

For background info - Maisie Bongo failed the MOT last year (2015) owing to excessive corrosion to n/s & o/s inner & outer sills & quote: suspension component mountings in prescribed areas are excessively corroded. The MOT garage (Lowry & Willams - as on the recommended Bongo list & used by previous owner) outsourced the welding work & she passed the MOT. To me the work looked rough (to say the least) with a couple of 'outer holes' showing & damaged paintwork and as a result took her to a couple of bodywork places and was quoted 'crazy prices' so decided to leave & use as was. This year she passed the MOT with 'no advisories' so £'s set aside have been spent on making her :D According to Gary (of Maddocks Garage) the welding done last year was :D.... so on we go..... :D.

Bongo & Out! 3H's :D :D :D
winchman
Supreme Being

Re: BODYSHOP RECOMMENDATIONS - MERSEYSIDE

Post by winchman » Tue May 10, 2016 7:47 am

Travis Autos in St.Helens are also excellent he will soon be doing my arches
http://travisautosaccidentrepair.co.uk
Had a few bits done by him, always first class and friendly service

Return to “North West”