North West Big Autumn Bash 2014 (Silverdale Revisited)

Moderator: Muzorewa

PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Re: North West Big Autumn Bash 2014 (Silverdale Revisited)

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Wed Oct 15, 2014 8:12 pm

Hi Barney,

I will have one for sale very soon it is due for an MOT on 22nd of October. I won't be bringing it to Silverdale though, it is a very nice side conversion.

Jo
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Thu Oct 16, 2014 6:01 pm

Hi Barney
most people will be leaving on the sunday so if you can only come on sunday rather than saturday probably aim for 10-11am to make sure you arrive before everyone has gone.
barney58
Junior Bongonaut

Post by barney58 » Thu Oct 16, 2014 9:00 pm

karena wrote:Hi Barney
most people will be leaving on the sunday so if you can only come on sunday rather than saturday probably aim for 10-11am to make sure you arrive before everyone has gone.
Hi guys, thanks for the replies!

I'll have a chat with Mrs Barney, as much as we want to come and use it as a fact finding mission (and also to say hello) we'll have to see if it'll be worth the 2hr drive for just 1hr with you guys before you start heading off. Unfortunately we can't make it on Saturday as we're busy.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Thu Oct 16, 2014 10:25 pm

barney58 wrote:
karena wrote:Hi Barney
Hi guys, thanks for the replies!

I'll have a chat with Mrs Barney, as much as we want to come and use it as a fact finding mission (and also to say hello) we'll have to see if it'll be worth the 2hr drive for just 1hr with you guys before you start heading off. Unfortunately we can't make it on Saturday as we're busy.
Well,if you do buy a Bongo,next time you go to Silverdale,itll only be a 45min drive :wink:
:lol: :lol:

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Oct 17, 2014 5:47 am

Some will be there most of the day on Sunday. Others won't have bothered with bacon butties and headed straight to the Arnside chippy at noon for a healthy breakfast :twisted:
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Fri Oct 17, 2014 9:31 am

Harry,not sure ill be able to make this.

Lighting went off at home last night as we were going to bed,from simple checks,no bulbs blown causing box to trip out.Possibly a broken wire in the wiring circuit.
Im now trying to get an electrician in at short notice [-o< ,and hoping for a quick fix.

Harry,if im not there by 7pm tonight please give my hook up to someone.

Not sure if Harry`ll see this,if someone else reads it who`s going, can you inform him please.

Have a great weekend.

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
diamond
Tribal Elder

Post by diamond » Sun Oct 19, 2014 1:09 pm

:lol: Well Silvergale lived up to it's nick name and blew a force 9 all day :shock: and night,on the plus side it was good to see most of the old gang. The beer& cider festive at the woodlands was great after the long walk uphill. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> well done H, put me down for next year!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> P/S LOOK OUT FOR MUZ SET OUT TO THE PUB AND NEVER GOT THERE #-o !!!!!
MT Tank
Bongolier

Post by MT Tank » Sun Oct 19, 2014 3:46 pm

What a great weekend thanks Harry for organising it.
Hope you do another one next year.
Thanks to all for help with marquee.
Trish
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:10 pm

Thanks for bringing the Marquee Trish they certainly make a big difference to a meet. I managed to get home in one piece despite strong winds and heavy rain trying to blow me off the M6 at Shap. I wonder how Jim got on towing a caravan, the ones that I saw did not look too happy.

Thanks Harry for organising a great meet, I need to go back to try the beers I missed out on. So put me down for next year - same pitch please [-o<

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:47 pm

A good meet thank you Harry, good to catch up with some of you. Hope to see you all again at Haworth.

Jo
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Sun Oct 19, 2014 5:59 pm

Thanks to Harry for organising this event again, hope it can become a regular meet as it always was. The weather was kind to us, apart from Sunday when it defo was Silvergale! A stroke of genius organising it at the same time as the beer/cider festival =D> The ramble was a bit hairy at times, but we all managed it without any mishaps, even going under the barbed wire and over the dry stone wall :roll: :roll:

Thanks also to Trish for providing the marquee, don't know how we would have managed without it, would have had to squash into Brian and Chris' awning :lol:

Was good to see everyone again and also meet new friends, was a pleasure to meet Jim and Elaine from sunny Scotland, and John and Rhoda from Mancland! Hope to see you all in a field next year. 8)
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Sun Oct 19, 2014 6:53 pm

thanks H and to all who went,
saturday was really good, 40min walk through autumnal woods in the sunshine to the beer festival then an hours walk down the coast path and shoreline back to base, what a nice day all round.

thanks tony for brecky, mmmmmmmmmmm.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Oct 19, 2014 7:54 pm

diamond wrote::lol: Well Silvergale lived up to it's nick name and blew a force 9 all day :shock: and night,on the plus side it was good to see most of the old gang. The beer& cider festive at the woodlands was great after the long walk uphill. =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> well done H, put me down for next year!!! =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> P/S LOOK OUT FOR MUZ SET OUT TO THE PUB AND NEVER GOT THERE #-o !!!!!
I was expecting Muz to be the windiest feature there - clearly I was wrong :lol:

I thought of you all and kind of missed not being there, but Trish and I have decided we're not very hardy campers - I hope thought that next summer will see us back on the scene. We miss the good company. 8)
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:37 pm

thanks harry for organising this brilliant meet and Trish for risking your marquee's safety. -gale -what gale :lol:
have to say this morning was my first experience of my brew blowing out of its mug.

So much for my theory that i would remember the back road route any better going out than going in - but i saw some lovely countryside, with some interesting variations on where tree branches should be and where they actually were.
to be fair to silverdale it was warm, rained only during the night -and saturday was glorious.

there seems to be a song stuck in my head now -a nancy sinatra song :-"
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Sun Oct 19, 2014 8:45 pm

At the risk of sounding contradictory, which I am being, :lol: :lol: to Neil, the weather was great until today. We were sat outside in the sunshine all afternoon at the beer festival, coatless, for mid October that's brilliant weather. 8)
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh

Return to “North West”