Flookburgh Steam Gathering 25th July – 27th July 2014

Moderator: Muzorewa

perros huevos
Bongolier

Re: Flookburgh Steam Gathering 25th July – 27th July 2014

Post by perros huevos » Sun Jul 20, 2014 5:46 pm

Hi Jo can you put us down for a pitch arriving Friday night also how often is the bus into flookburgh
thanks chris
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Tue Jul 22, 2014 4:19 pm

Hi Chris,

No need to book a pitch as such we have a huge field at our disposal. There is no bus service as such that goes near the air field, in the past I have taken a few down in my car but with my Sarah and Joe coming up I am afraid I will not have the space.

Shout out to all ye middle earth people.... Are any of you that are going to the Steam Gathering able to take passengers?

Jo xx
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Wed Jul 23, 2014 3:45 pm

Hi Friends,

A few are coming up tomorrow so Chris and I will be on the field about lunchtime. Any others that wish to join us a day earlier are very welcome.

Jo xx
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jul 23, 2014 9:07 pm

PixieAndTheMoon wrote:Hi Friends,

A few are coming up tomorrow so Chris and I will be on the field about lunchtime. Any others that wish to join us a day earlier are very welcome.

Jo xx
Trish and me are hoping to get there late afternoon Friday - can't remember if there is hookup but we'll be fine either way. I'll pm you my mobile Jo and maybe you could on me yours just in case there are any last minute problems. Looking forward to seeing everyone and behaving stupidly . Yayyyyyy :-)
blobber
Supreme Being

Post by blobber » Wed Jul 23, 2014 10:53 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:

Jo xx
Looking forward to seeing everyone and behaving stupidly . Yayyyyyy :-)
Oh dear, think you might be disappointed on that Mike. The last meet was very refined and edicat......educat....informit....informat..... we learned a lot. We had a very serious discussion about how to tell a good wine from the bad. I have been told it was very enlightening, can't seem to remember, but some one said I learnt a lot!!!
Alan & Dot

Yes sir, I can Bongo !!

I now walk with an angel by my side.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Jul 23, 2014 11:24 pm

blobber wrote:
mikeonb4c wrote:

Jo xx
Looking forward to seeing everyone and behaving stupidly . Yayyyyyy :-)
Oh dear, think you might be disappointed on that Mike. The last meet was very refined and edicat......educat....informit....informat..... we learned a lot. We had a very serious discussion about how to tell a good wine from the bad. I have been told it was very enlightening, can't seem to remember, but some one said I learnt a lot!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Jul 24, 2014 1:04 am

Much as I would like to be there I've got to miss this one. See you all at Dent in two weeks time were I'll sup up any booze that you have left over from this meet for you. :D

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
karena
Supreme Being

Post by karena » Fri Jul 25, 2014 1:00 am

left over booze :lol: :lol: :lol: dream on.

for reasons beyond my control i will now be coming alone :( ](*,) ](*,) ](*,) and i might have to get very very drunk.(two glasses of wine should do it)
Then we can get Dave to repeat the good wine course for those who missed it and those who think it was so refayned they must have dreamed it.
According to the weather man the weekend will have a fresher feel -which in allithwaite means bring yer storm pegs wellies and winter coats :lol:

should be there around lunchtime tomorow.
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Fri Jul 25, 2014 5:23 pm

No srorm pegs reqd
Its unbelievebly hot with a nice gentle breeze, must be well into the 80's
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Fri Jul 25, 2014 9:53 pm

So I guess that you will all be having a communal shower in the teams changing rooms to cool off. :shock: :shock: :shock:

Tony
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sun Jul 27, 2014 4:37 pm

Big thanks to Jo and Chris for organising another cracking weekend,weather wise,the best ive had.

Nice to see the regular faces again,and great to see MikeonB4C again after several years,and meet his partner Trish,who appears to now be a Bongomeet convert!
Also great to see Still Desparate (Iain and Diane) again after another long spell........... (Mountaingoat " So I guess that you will all be having a communal shower in the teams changing rooms to cool off"..........Tony,you should've been in there when Di turned up :oops: )

Lastly,thanks to Brian (Briwy) for lending me his knee to pack up my Quechua.How wrong was I thinking I had the knack to fold it away ! #-o :lol:

Di please don't slap me too hard when wee meet :lol: :lol:

Photos to follow when I get em off my phone.

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Sun Jul 27, 2014 5:47 pm

Back home already Brian. Did you get thrown out for misbehaving in the shower :shock: . You canna trust a policeman ( or an ex policeman) these days. [-X

Tony
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:33 pm

Bongoplod wrote:Big thanks to Jo and Chris for organising another cracking weekend,weather wise,the best ive had.

Nice to see the regular faces again,and great to see MikeonB4C again after several years,and meet his partner Trish,who appears to now be a Bongomeet convert!
Also great to see Still Desparate (Iain and Diane) again after another long spell........... (Mountaingoat " So I guess that you will all be having a communal shower in the teams changing rooms to cool off"..........Tony,you should've been in there when Di turned up :oops: )

Lastly,thanks to Brian (Briwy) for lending me his knee to pack up my Quechua.How wrong was I thinking I had the knack to fold it away ! #-o :lol:

Di please don't slap me too hard when wee meet :lol: :lol:

Photos to follow when I get em off my phone.

Brian
2nd all of what Brian has said (well apart from the kinky slapping stuff ha ha). Big big thanks to Jo and Chris for a truly fabulous weekend. So nice to be back in touch again with old friends and to make new ones also, and to see what the Notlobs have done with my old trailer - brilliant work. I grudgingly admired the Briwys T5 - superb machine - but I'll never betray the Bongo, which should be easy on my budget! Looking forward to Dent and other upcoming Bongo opportunities. My partner Trish loved it and is busy getting me into line on travelling light (never!). What lovely people she said. I hadn't the heart to tell her the truth :lol: :lol: :lol:
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Sun Jul 27, 2014 6:55 pm

Hi Friends.

Thank you all for coming and making it great fun. We raised £420! Which is brilliant Many thanks. We aim to do August Bank Holiday will put a post up for that in the next day or two.

Speaking of showers, Who went home with the shower key? We would like it back we had the caretakers set :roll: :lol:

Jo xx
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Jul 27, 2014 7:22 pm

PixieAndTheMoon wrote:Hi Friends.

Thank you all for coming and making it great fun. We raised £420! Which is brilliant Many thanks. We aim to do August Bank Holiday will put a post up for that in the next day or two.

Speaking of showers, Who went home with the shower key? We would like it back we had the caretakers set :roll: :lol:

Jo xx
I went home smelly and unshowered :lol: :lol: :lol:

Might inflict ourselves on you again in August - you have been warned :-)

Return to “North West”