Autumn Bash 30th Sept - 2nd Oct (Eliot's birthday party)

Moderator: Muzorewa

Harry
Supreme Being

Re: Autumn Bash 30th Sept - 2nd Oct (Eliot's birthday party

Post by Harry » Thu Sep 29, 2011 9:57 pm

I hope to be there around lunchtime. Depends on how busy the shop is and when I can sneak away.

Dave...our old marquee was last seen pitched permanantly beside tho loo block and is used by the warden and his mates to store stuff and party on into the night when the site is quiet. It belongs to them now and quite honestly I recon it would fall to bits if they tried to move it as it has been up all summer.

We'll be partying on the other side of the wall in the camping field.

EVERYONE PLEASE MAKE SURE THAT EVERYONE ELSE KNOWS THAT THEY MUST NOT...UNDER ANY CIRCUMSTANCES..CLIMB ON OR OVER THE WALLS.

There was some small damage during our meet last year which cost the owners over £100 to get repaired. They havn't blamed us directly but I wouldn't mind betting they'll be watching us like hawks this year.

Ditto the rules about dogs...one or two were allowed off their leads last year. A definate NO NO. This is a working farm with some very tempremental cattle (and farmers).

cheers
H 8)
http://watcherswildlife.co.uk

Towing a shed with a Citroen C4 Picasso 1.6hdi vtr+
waycar8
Supreme Being

Post by waycar8 » Fri Sep 30, 2011 8:46 am

We should be there about 2.30, 3 ish, cant wait =D> 8)
AndAndDen
Supreme Being

Post by AndAndDen » Fri Sep 30, 2011 9:26 am

Have a Good weekend everyone. Sad we cant be with our Bongo buddies :( .Looks like the weather is going to be good to you all :D .And take plenty of pics . Enjoy !!

Andy & Denise xxx
Get a Life ,Get a Bongo. !!!
dreamwarrioruk
Supreme Being

Post by dreamwarrioruk » Fri Sep 30, 2011 4:12 pm

like andy and denise said plenty of pics for those who cant attend,like us of course.sad we cant come due to a commitment at home but needs must and urges put aside for the mo.
have a fab birthday party and all enjoy yourselves.
mike, jo and emma
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Fri Sep 30, 2011 11:13 pm

Love to absent peeps, Denise and Andy - Mike, Emma and Jo. Take care friends.

Jo xx
yorkshirelass
Tribal Elder

Post by yorkshirelass » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:23 pm

Silverdale in warm sunshine is superb ! Had a lovely weekend meeting up with old friends and some new ones too. Took some clips on my new camcorder [ has a hard drive].....bet I can't download to this site tho'? Any help appreciated here folks :wink: As usual the kids all got along together and seemed to have a great time; such a pleasure to see this. Glad DBO & BDC managed to pop over to see us all. :D . Had a curry from the village last night and it was beautiful.........would well recommend for the next do. Also thanks to the Stewards Linda & Michael for picking them up for us [[we'd had a bit of a mix up !] that was really kind of you. =D>
Hope everyone got home safe too. Nearly forgot.......THANKS HARRY for all your usual great organisation of this meet. =D> =D> =D>
diamond
Tribal Elder

Post by diamond » Sun Oct 02, 2011 2:09 pm

What can one say, another top draw meet a lot of new faces and some not so new.the weather was brill( for a change?) hot hot hot :D and of course a big hand for Harry for all the work he puts in =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> well done mate. see you soon neil 8)
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:51 pm

Well on Saturday we had most un-Silverdale weather for a change, a lovely warm day and a pleasant evening. It was nice to relax in peace with just the excruciating sound of a braying donkey to break the silence. Well done Harry for organising again, nice to see some new faces as well as the regulars. A few pics from us....

You get a better class of camper at Silverdale :shock:

Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:51 pm

el Diablo

A game of Kubb in progress

The annual Bongo dog show, with ‘waggiest tail’ and ‘looks most like its owner’ categories :lol:

As dusk falls the kids are still playing in the distance :D

It’s “Beer o’clock” !!

Party time 8)
CumbriaBongoBulls
Junior Bongonaut

Post by CumbriaBongoBulls » Sun Oct 02, 2011 4:54 pm

Harry,
Thanks for organising the event. Hope you raised plenty of money for Kendal Mountain Rescue.
It was great to meet up with everyone. Thank you all for being so friendly and making us welcome.
We also tried the take away curry from Silverdale since our BBQ skills are not too good. Excellent meal, worth a try next time.
Regards,
Hil and Phil
Life is for Living!
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Sun Oct 02, 2011 9:40 pm

Had a nice drive home, Thanks to all for the welcome and the organising. Enjoyed the weekend, we were made to feel welcome by all at our first bongo do, still not sure how people knew who i was before i'd even got into the field. Thanks to gill+berniebann for the fire and the milk. And thanks for all the nice comments about my van, made all the work worthwhile. Will definitely join you guys again. Great to put faces to names.
Do what you like.Like what you do.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:57 am

thanks for inviting me to your birthday party elliot it was the best yet :wink: :lol: .
thanks also to harry as i think you help him organise it =D> =D> =D> .
chell thanks you all for allowing me to buy everything, yes everything, at the auction. #-o :lol:
nice to see some new faces, and of course some of the regulars who often come a considerable distance to make silverdale so good.
fantastic weather, fantastic company, fantastic meet.
thanks to all, especially the lady who had trained her dog to poop straight into its poop bag, which it did outside my pitch everyday (sometimes twice), it made my sides hurt with laughing. :lol: :lol: 8) .

pics to follow.
Debs and David
Tribal Elder

Post by Debs and David » Mon Oct 03, 2011 8:56 am

What a great weekend, helped along by the unusual beautiful weather on Friday and Saturday. Managed to read my book and get a suntan into the bargain 8) 8) I would like to thank Harry for organising this meet, which was a great turnout this year, pity you had to be on duty in Kendal and couldn't do the walk this year.

Met some lovely new people (yes Ady that includes you :lol: ) and some equally lovely peeps who we already know :D

Thanks to Louise for the awning, which we will have a play with in our garden soon. Ady thanks for letting us try out your new logs on our fire pit (forgot to get the address from Karen).

Unfortunately we didn't take any pics this time, but am waiting for Ady's , there should be some funny one's of us putting up the marquee, including a spot of lapdancing!!! :roll: :roll:

See ya'll very soon. :D :D
Debs & David

You Need Degas to Make De Van Gogh
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:26 am

Great meet, great weather (apart from Sunday). A few regulars missing but the crop of intresting newbies more than made up for their absence. Thanks to Harry, Diane and co. for doing most of the donkey work again.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
PixieAndTheMoon
Supreme Being

Post by PixieAndTheMoon » Mon Oct 03, 2011 10:41 am

Hmm my post didn't post, try again..

Had a lovely time it was nice to meet up with everybody. Loved the pit fire I was glad the weather was nice enough to use them there. Something else I thought, it is so nice that a woman alone turn up at such an event and feel looked after, thanks to all who did.

Look forward to seeing you all again soon.

Jo x

Return to “North West”