Bongo Parking in Manchester - Help!

Moderator: Muzorewa

Evil Edna
Bongolier

Bongo Parking in Manchester - Help!

Post by Evil Edna » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:04 am

Can anyone tell me of a 'bongo' friendly car park in Manchester - the Manchester city info website is the usual 'city' type and not user friendly - A postcode to put in Tom tom would be good!
Edna
Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
Links to my blog
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Parking in Manchester - Help!

Post by Muzorewa » Wed Mar 23, 2011 8:36 am

Depends what time of day and where you want to be, normally I try to time my visits to commence at 6pm when it's unmetered hours - all day Sunday too.

Clearly there's a lot of multi-stories that are no use, for unrestricted height you need somewhere like the carpark at Trafford Street off Albion Street (but this is a very expensive one) or there are several off Water Street and where it joins Trinity Way.
Evil Edna
Bongolier

Post by Evil Edna » Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:32 am

Thanks for the response - going to let the train take the strain!!! Do a reccy whilst I'm wandering round for the next visit!!! :lol:
Edna
Age is something that doesn't matter, unless you are a cheese.
Links to my blog
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Mar 23, 2011 2:39 pm

Evil Edna wrote:Thanks for the response - going to let the train take the strain!!! Do a reccy whilst I'm wandering round for the next visit!!! :lol:
Very sensible. When I want to park in Manchester I usually take my Bongo up to the Lake District :lol:

But seriously, I've used a reasonable one not far past the top end of Deansgate, not far from G-Mex when I've been taking the family to the theatre in the Bongo. My knowledge of Manchester is not good so can't give you the name, but its up a (cobbled?) offshoot from the road and its all open ground parking.
flipflop

Post by flipflop » Wed Mar 23, 2011 3:10 pm

hi

i work in manchester and park in a private car park - its open 6am - 6-30 pm monday to friday

let me know if you need a place

:D
weebull

Post by weebull » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:22 am

it's this one every time...

http://www.ncp.co.uk/car-park.html?cpid ... e%20Street

open air, pretty quiet, no height restriction, unattended, near the oxford rd train station and just £6.60 for 24 hours. what's not too like! :D

have fun

wb
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Mon Apr 25, 2011 11:57 pm

I'm interested in this thread, as we will be looking for parking at or near the Trafford center come July. Any ideas?
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
Hotpot
Supreme Being

Post by Hotpot » Tue Apr 26, 2011 12:38 am

brorabongo wrote:I'm interested in this thread, as we will be looking for parking at or near the Trafford center come July. Any ideas?
never had a problem finding a space at the Trafford centre :)

Another city centre, victoria station car park, near printworks, men arena, arndale. You may even get it cheaper, last time there was a friendly tramp on the gate recycling unexpired tickets at bargain prices :lol:
in the hobnobmobile
brorabongo
Supreme Being

Post by brorabongo » Tue Apr 26, 2011 11:51 pm

Cheers Hotpot.
Now just have to find stuff to do for the rest of the week's holiday in Blackpool.
ボンゴの激怒 pictures
Run your fingers over my Bongo, and I'll run my Bongo over your fingers!! :twisted:
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Wed Apr 27, 2011 1:08 am

Pop in and say hello to AndAnDen and don't forget a big bunch of flowers for Denise as she hasn't been well.

Tony
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
weebull

Post by weebull » Wed Apr 27, 2011 10:09 am

Hotpot wrote:
brorabongo wrote:I'm interested in this thread, as we will be looking for parking at or near the Trafford center come July. Any ideas?
never had a problem finding a space at the Trafford centre :)

Another city centre, victoria station car park, near printworks, men arena, arndale. You may even get it cheaper, last time there was a friendly tramp on the gate recycling unexpired tickets at bargain prices :lol:

i've not seen the parkopedia website before, great post hotpot ;D
Hotpot
Supreme Being

Post by Hotpot » Wed Apr 27, 2011 11:14 pm

cheers weebull, come in handy a few times when trying to find a spot.

Brora, I don't usually have much money or time left after a trip to the trafford centre, so couldn't say :lol: , but hope you'll have a great time in Blackpool :D
in the hobnobmobile
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:18 pm

mikeonb4c wrote:
Evil Edna wrote:Thanks for the response - going to let the train take the strain!!! Do a reccy whilst I'm wandering round for the next visit!!! :lol:
Very sensible. When I want to park in Manchester I usually take my Bongo up to the Lake District :lol:

But seriously, I've used a reasonable one not far past the top end of Deansgate, not far from G-Mex when I've been taking the family to the theatre in the Bongo. My knowledge of Manchester is not good so can't give you the name, but its up a (cobbled?) offshoot from the road and its all open ground parking.
Castlefield :)
mobilecat
Supreme Being

Post by mobilecat » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:20 pm

You can park in 80% of the Trafford Centre spaces - just stay in the outside carparks, no problem. (and its free)
georgeb

Post by georgeb » Thu Jun 30, 2011 2:27 pm

You can park outside the THEATRE OF DREAMS.
Except on match days

Return to “North West”