Garage to do aft motor replacement

scottishbubbles
Apprentice Bongonaut

Garage to do aft motor replacement

Post by scottishbubbles » Sat Jan 18, 2020 3:35 pm

I am looking for someone to replace my aft motors near Glasgow. Bought my bongo about 8 weeks ago but the roof doesnt rise the motors are both seized.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Garage to do aft motor replacement

Post by g8dhe » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:52 pm

Are you getting the beeping ?

Make sure that;
The engine is running.
The handbrake is on and the brake light on the dash is lit ??
If the brake light isn't coming on, then check the little switch at the back of the handbrake (remove console) on passenger side they get dusty and dirty.

Now press Up the bleeping should start ??
If not then check the fuses (not likely but easy to do).
If they are OK and its bleeping, then check the rubber seal isn't stuck to the roof with age, run a card around to release it.
If that is OK then operate the Up then Down switch LOTS of times, it might be a dirty switch contacts or it could be corroded motors, by turning the motors even a little bit it might free up the corrosion and let you get the roof up. If so then drop out the motors at the rear and check for corrosion, there is a good Fact sheet if your a member of BongoFury on the process. Otherwise if the roof won't go up still then the is a method of lifting it but its not easy!

http://www.g8dhe.net/bwm/default.htm
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Jan 18, 2020 4:57 pm

Pretty sure the switch is the same as the window blinds one if you need to rob one, but Geoff has posted instructions on cleaning it. :wink:

Welcome to the Forum. :)
scottishbubbles
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by scottishbubbles » Sat Jan 18, 2020 5:41 pm

I am getting power to the motors but they are well and truly corroded completely seized solid. I lifted the back of the aft up to get into them but even the bolts are completely rusted solid
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Sun Jan 19, 2020 10:48 am

You can get replacement motors but new ones are incredibly expensive. See https://bongoland.co.uk/product/mazda-b ... aft-motor/

You might be able to get second hand ones from a breaker but usually they want to keep to whole roof intact so they can sell it as a complete unit.

I haven't looked but eBay is another possibility.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.

Return to “Scotland”