Any Bongo friendly workshop in Fife?

Chief Brody
Bongonaut

Any Bongo friendly workshop in Fife?

Post by Chief Brody » Wed Apr 24, 2019 3:23 pm

Hi all. Hoping to have a new underseal put on and a few areas of of mild-ish rust looked at and wonder if anyone here has used anyone in Fife that did a good job? Perhaps someone that is a little familiar with the Bongo.
Chief Brody
Bongonaut

Re: Any Bongo friendly workshop in Fife?

Post by Chief Brody » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:15 am

Well, after looking on here a bit, I'm going to give Campers Scotland in Grangemouth a try. Hoping to pop in just so they can have a look at the rust spots etc and then will get myself booked in. Will feed back here on my experience. The rust is mild and I'm sure a general garage around here could have seen to it but I'd really prefer someone that is familiar with Bongos. Plus I would like the underseal done anyway.
tootsmcfruits
Bongonaut

Post by tootsmcfruits » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:27 am

I think there's a company called Fantastic Campers/Dairsie Autopoint in Dairsie and have heard they look at rust and undersealing, but I've never used so can't tell you how good or bad they are - they're on the list for Bongo friendly garages.

I believe Campers Scotland only deal with vans that they've sold in the past, but they might be able to give you some advice on rust or where to take it.

Let us know how you get on! I was hoping to get the rust seen to in my van last year but I ended up spending a fortune getting a whole bunch of mechanical stuff done so can't afford it now - hopefully the end of summer I will have more funds to get the rusty bits looked at... [-o<
#sayhellotomylittlefriendee
Chief Brody
Bongonaut

Post by Chief Brody » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:25 am

Thanks for reply. I had a price from Campers Scotland for doing an underseal so just assumed they would be fine carrying out repairs on vans they hadn't sold. I've emailed them and will see what they reply.
tootsmcfruits
Bongonaut

Post by tootsmcfruits » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:47 am

I might be wrong about the rust prevention - it could just be the mechanical side that they don't do on vans bought elsewhere.
Chief Brody
Bongonaut

Post by Chief Brody » Fri Apr 26, 2019 11:51 am

Had an email back. They are hoping to recommend a garage for me regarding bodywork so you could be right Toots.
Chief Brody
Bongonaut

Post by Chief Brody » Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:55 am

Just an update. Campers Scotland have recommended Hunters in Falkirk. I can't vouch for them as I haven't use them yet but will report back if/when I do. I can't speak highly enough off Campers Scotland and Gary that has been dealing with my enquiry. He went out of his way to help which I really appreciate.
tootsmcfruits
Bongonaut

Post by tootsmcfruits » Tue May 07, 2019 10:52 am

Chief Brody wrote: Tue Apr 30, 2019 9:55 am Just an update. Campers Scotland have recommended Hunters in Falkirk. I can't vouch for them as I haven't use them yet but will report back if/when I do. I can't speak highly enough off Campers Scotland and Gary that has been dealing with my enquiry. He went out of his way to help which I really appreciate.
Please do - be interesting to see what their prices are like and what the quality is like too!

Return to “Scotland”