Bongo Purchase

glasgowjim
Apprentice Bongonaut

Bongo Purchase

Post by glasgowjim » Mon Jun 13, 2016 7:59 pm

Based in Glasgow and on the lookout for my 1st Bongo and it's proving to be quite a challenge, budget is around £6500 and would prefer one with an AFT but not too bothered otherwise. I've had a look at one or two dealers in Scotland and wasn't that impressed to be honest, prices seem high and condition poor. I've been offered one which looks ok from a dealer in Newcastle but i'd really need to go down for a look. Any other places i should be looking? I've also looked at the importers down south but cant really get the time to travel down and i would obviously want to see before i buy. Any info appreciated.
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Re: Bongo Purchase

Post by Jim the Box » Tue Jun 14, 2016 11:32 pm

Pm sent.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
richrx
Bongonaut

Post by richrx » Sat Jul 23, 2016 11:10 am

Hi Jim,

I had a lot of trouble finding a bongo up here too, i ended up buying privately from North east England. Prices will be at there peak right now and should drop slightly come winter.. Jim was very good when i was looking for mine, if you read my posts i was struggling with expectations for a 3k budget, i ended up going over what i wanted but it was for the right van.

Perhaps a solid but slightly rusty van would be the best option and spend £1500 on bodywork?

What are you wanting from the interior, kitchen, full conversion or unconverted?

Rich
MountainGoat
Supreme Being

Post by MountainGoat » Thu Jul 28, 2016 9:35 pm

Try a PM to Steviebongo in Glasgow. Stevie is an old hand at Bongos having run one years ago, now he is back with another Bongo. Being a mechanic has its advantages. Check out Post "Possible return to Bongoland".
Former SGL5 Owner Jeep Cherokee 2.5CRD Burstner Ixeo Time it585
martycoll
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by martycoll » Mon Sep 05, 2016 4:23 pm

Hi, I'm in East Kilbride, and looking for my 1st Bongo. I was just wondering if OP had any joy in acquiring one, and if so, do you have any pointers for my quest?
Cheers!
glasgowjim
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by glasgowjim » Mon Sep 12, 2016 1:34 pm

martycoll wrote:Hi, I'm in East Kilbride, and looking for my 1st Bongo. I was just wondering if OP had any joy in acquiring one, and if so, do you have any pointers for my quest?
Cheers!
Afraid not Marty, looked long and hard but they're very expensive up here or you can buy but need to spend to repair, best value seems to be down south i think. If your going to buy then i would suggest going to a dealer such as Campers Scotland or Calders Campers, expensive but at least they do a bit to them.

Return to “Scotland”