Bongo friendly garage required

Barrypud
Junior Bongonaut

Bongo friendly garage required

Post by Barrypud » Thu May 26, 2016 10:47 am

Does anyone know of a garage who could do a full service and overall check on our Bongo in the Dumfries and Galloway area?
Barrypud
Junior Bongonaut

Re: Bongo friendly garage required

Post by Barrypud » Thu May 26, 2016 1:33 pm

Here I am answering my own question! Just found a garage in Kirkcudbright about 25 miles away who are familiar with Bongos. Rogersons 01557 330234. Happy to replace timing belt with one I purchased also.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu May 26, 2016 2:27 pm

Get 'em on the BF list, if not already on it :-)
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Thu May 26, 2016 2:28 pm

I'll send them one of our questionnaires
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Fri May 27, 2016 8:27 am

Ian it Might be worth sending one to the "Linton Service station", in :-

East Linton,
East Lothian
Scotland.

They have at least several bongos on their books for annual mot's, repairs and servicing.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Fri May 27, 2016 11:02 am

I sent them one, but they never bothered to return it.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Sat May 28, 2016 2:45 pm

Barrypud wrote:Here I am answering my own question! Just found a garage in Kirkcudbright about 25 miles away who are familiar with Bongos. Rogersons 01557 330234. Happy to replace timing belt with one I purchased also.
I would strongly recommend that you get the garage to supply the cam belt/kit.
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Sun May 29, 2016 5:38 am

I know what your are saying for warranty reasons, however the bongo garage I used in east Linton would tell me to get all my parts from bongo fury as I was a member and could get them cheaper from Ian than they could, also they did not trust their own suppliers to supply genuine Mazda parts or very good alternatives as Ian tends to do.
Anything Ian could not supply I then used a very good company in leith (Edinburgh) where "the laird" would kindly go out his way to source my parts and get me discount. But generally I always used the "bongo fury " shop and the garage was more than happy.
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Sun May 29, 2016 10:34 am

Jim the Box wrote:I know what your are saying for warranty reasons, however the bongo garage I used in east Linton would tell me to get all my parts from bongo fury as I was a member and could get them cheaper from Ian than they could, also they did not trust their own suppliers to supply genuine Mazda parts or very good alternatives as Ian tends to do.
Anything Ian could not supply I then used a very good company in leith (Edinburgh) where "the laird" would kindly go out his way to source my parts and get me discount. But generally I always used the "bongo fury " shop and the garage was more than happy.

Hi Jim, i you are talking about Allens' garage I am very surprised that that was the case, there is (might be)exceptions on supplying your own parts ,but in the case of vital parts I would leave that to the Garage .
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Sun May 29, 2016 11:32 pm

Yep Chris Allen, the only thing he ever got me were a set of iridium lpg1 spark plugs, hoses, brake disks, brake pads, seal kits,
drop links etc all parts came from the bongo shop at Chris's request and fitted by them, I don't have my bongo now but still use them for mot's on my other vehicles, the odd time I am down their way I still see the odd bongo in for work to be done.
Barrypud
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Barrypud » Mon Jun 27, 2016 12:31 pm

The garage (Rogersons) in Kirkcudbright use to import Bongos some years ago so I knew ours (Barry) was in good hands. Full service carried out with health check, air con belt and alternator belt replaced. Cam belt (supplied by me) replaced. Running like a dream even in its 21st year. Highly recommend this garage.

Return to “Scotland”