newbie in scottieland

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: newbie in scottieland

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jun 08, 2015 5:35 pm

vilguy wrote:haha irrepresible spirit. I will have to remember that one!

Finnegil... I recognise the name but cant think of where it is haha. #-o My wife probably knows. Im useless at finding my way around here. Yeah it does get a bit snowy here haha! We are up on the hills and quite often in winter we had loads of snow whilst the villagers had none! The kids loved having more snow days though.

You should come back to Boreland for a visit. Its lovely this time of year as I am sure you well know and the village has had a bit of a resurgence of late with more people moving to the area.

I see your into the old gliders ;) Im still trying to find a good hill around here to go flying. One with a road at the top so I dont have to do exercise :lol:

I keep saying I'll go back and visit. Big fear is it may all now be hidden in forest with all the tree planting that was being started when I was there in 1973 - be sad to go back and find the hill views gone.

Eskdalemuir just down the road often records the lowest UK night temps so no surprise about snow I guess. It went down to -26F one night, and the only heating in the house was an open fire in the living room that had the hot water boiler in the chimney breast above it. Needless to say we got it roaring 8)

Ah yes I used to love slope soaring gliders. Haven't done it for years though I still have some old planes. May try it again in retirement :-)

Return to “Scotland”