Bongo Relay - Ealing to Altrincham/Manchester

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Bongo Relay - Ealing to Altrincham/Manchester

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Nov 01, 2018 11:37 pm

Total longshot here. I'm trying to buy a guitar effects thingie but the type i want doesnt come up often and sellers don't want to post them so they're collection only. There's one on ebay just now i could bid on but no point if i can't get it here :-( In the unlikely event anyone is heading from there to anywhere near here i'd happily pay the postage equivalent (around £20) and rendezvous to meet them in the Manchester/Warrington/M6 area. PM me if so. And of course i might not win it anyway! :roll:
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: Bongo Relay - Ealing to Altrincham/Manchester

Post by helen&tony » Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:41 am

Hi
Mike...couriers pick up...just needs arranging. Try the seller to see if you can arrange a courier to pick up from them.
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Muzorewa
Supreme Being

Post by Muzorewa » Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:37 am

Mike - oddly enough I'm in Perivale next Tuesday - you know it makes sense....
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:42 am

Muzorewa wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 7:37 am Mike - oddly enough I'm in Perivale next Tuesday - you know it makes sense....
Nooooo! I'll drop you a PM to see if it could make sense. A chance for a chinwag and a cuppa also if it comes off (which it may well not - the filthy rich Londoners will probably outbid me ha ha). :lol:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Nov 02, 2018 9:50 am

helen&tony wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 4:41 am Hi
Mike...couriers pick up...just needs arranging. Try the seller to see if you can arrange a courier to pick up from them.
Cheers
Helen
Hi Helen - long time no speak! I tried looking up courier costs for another similar item but they seemed exorbitant, though that was probably because i don't know what to look for. But sellers like this i suspect/find don't want the hassle of packaging things for transit and this is a valuable item that needs to be packed and handled with care. So all in all I'd be nervous about arranging a courier. But it is a good thought and i should try and find out more about affordable ones, for another occasion.

Hope all goes well out there, as you prepare for another Brrrrrrulgarian winter. :P
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 pm

Does Ian have links with a carrier we can use at a fair price? 8)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Fri Nov 02, 2018 11:13 pm

Bob wrote: Fri Nov 02, 2018 2:16 pm Does Ian have links with a carrier we can use at a fair price? 8)
Muz is all good to go on this one though as I said in my PM to him the chances of my winning the auction are practically zilch (now i understand better the price these things fetch). Oh the woes of a struggling musician on a pension :lol: :|
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:50 am

Hi Mike
Thanks, yes...more or less prepped for winter...Bongo's getting the winter wheels / tyres on soon...the Jeep takes over for winter when the snow comes.
Couriers...yes...a good one is worth finding, and some are pricey, but I use them a lot...recently sent a musical instrument to Germany with no problem...I've had 2 sent from America, and customs is the only thing there...People here use couriers instead of going to the shops!...more eco-friendly too!...
Yup...long time no speak...I see you on the Fb pages, but like here, I just do admin / mod duty
Keep well
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.

Return to “Off Message”