Nice oil/wear/engine motion video...

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Nice oil/wear/engine motion video...

Post by BongoBongo123 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 1:12 pm

it is Magnatec promo so a bit "fantastic" maybe but I doubt there is much not based on real findings and research in there and it still gives an insight as to the extreme conditions that oil has to under go.. I found it interesting, seems that cams and the tops of valves take a battering wear wise.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pzqI6qHEdoI

His "abrasive" on a mobile phone screen looks rather like a block of wood and seemingly
no oily residue from the itelligent molecules are left on the phone.
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Re: Nice oil/wear/engine motion video...

Post by TheLongRoad » Tue Feb 20, 2018 4:42 pm

I remember my dad starting up old car engines that had been dormant for years. First he'd wind the starter to check the engine wasn't seized up, then a squirt of oil in each piston (via the spark plug hole) then a cupful in the rocket cover and fire it up. At least he knew there was some oil at the top of the engine for the first few minutes whilst the pump started to circulate sump oil.
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Tue Feb 20, 2018 8:17 pm

Yes that makes a lot of sense. It kind of hit home seeing that cam roller on the top of the valve top (sorry if I have my technical names wrong) you tend to forget it really is bits of metal dragging on other bits of metal. It is a miracle it is not all iron filings after a year !

It demonstrates how crucial oil is I found this fascinating as well... as I suspect you might.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vz2p1SvuYjY

Internal combustion engine has a lot to answer for but you cannot knock the design itself
before we knew the damage done to our enclosed eco system. There is a preamble about ice skating and water
lubrication.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Feb 20, 2018 11:19 pm

Interesting couple of videos, thanks. =D>
TheLongRoad
Bongolier

Post by TheLongRoad » Wed Feb 21, 2018 11:22 am

Good video. Makes you think when manufcturers have service intervals of 14,000 between oil changes [-X I change mine a lot more frequently in all my vechicles.
2002 Friendee 2.0 ltr Petrol.

Return to “Off Message”