Anyone know anybody that makes cushions?

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

sotal
Supreme Being

Anyone know anybody that makes cushions?

Post by sotal » Mon Jun 19, 2017 9:49 pm

Not directly bongo related but I figured somebody might know of someone that makes them for Bongos etc.

I don't mean the throw around cushions, I mean ones that are more like a sofa.

I want to make a window seat / storage area to go across our bay window. I can build the base and cover that but I don't think I could make a good enough job of the cushions to go above. I want them to be quite thick, perhaps 100mm thick and each one to be something like 80cm x 80cm (would need to check that) - Would need approx 3 like this. I know the material I would require.

Any ideas of where I could go to get those made up? I'm in Staffordshire if anyone has any recommendations in the area.

Thanks
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Anyone know anybody that makes cushions?

Post by Bob » Mon Jun 19, 2017 10:27 pm

Have a Google of Coach Trimmers or Upholsterers.

Don't know anyone near you but either of the above could do it, also possibly camper converters or someone who fits out canal boats.

You can buy various foams in the thickness required then it's just skill with a sewing machine. :wink:

I have an old school pal near us who does high end vehicle upholstery and can give you contact details by PM, and we're in your corner of the world in August so could bring them along.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Tue Jun 20, 2017 1:34 am

we used one on our local open market, he sold foam and scatter cushions etc, turns out his wife did general upholstery jobs. really good and inexpensive.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 20, 2017 11:33 am

Tip, you can cut the foam pretty accurately with a sharp bread knife if you can't get the exact sizes from the supplier. :wink:

Mark with a Sharpie felt pen.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jun 20, 2017 2:32 pm

Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Tue Jun 20, 2017 4:58 pm

Have a chat with Den at New Dawn Conversions. He uses an upholsterer regularly but is likely to be in the Birmingham area.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
KateMill
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by KateMill » Tue Sep 19, 2017 8:56 am

I'd also go for ebay or any online store, probably if you want something really special (with your photo on it etc), you should probably check some Instagram accounts, there are lots of nice things
Flanners
Bongolier

Post by Flanners » Wed Jan 30, 2019 10:32 am

I have just replaced the foam inserts from the cushions that make up the bed/seats for my Outback conversion, the foams supplied in the covers by the converter never made me feel comfortable or supported on the bench seats or indeed when made as part of the bed. Replaced the internal foams with firm foam from eFoam.co.uk's reccommendation for camper vans/sofas. Very happy with the result shade over £38 delivered made to measure, with a stockinette over each foam...easy to fit as covers have zips..sitting on them now when eating in the van, my backside is now cushioned and supported, bed is more comortable too; very happy :D
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent

Return to “Off Message”