Unbelievable driving conditions

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Diplomat
Supreme Being

Unbelievable driving conditions

Post by Diplomat » Fri May 19, 2017 3:44 pm

Yesterday evening we had torrential rain in the South East.

I had little choice but to use a stretch of the A2 between Gravesend and Bexley around 8.30 pm by when it was well dark due to the cloud cover. The road was deluged with rain and spray but the authorities has not seen fit to put any speed limits up on the gantries. As a result there were cars doing well over 70 in the outside lanes and lorries maintaining their permissible speeds elsewhere. My thought towards them was 'What speed would you like have your accident at in these conditions and have you got anything suitable to wear in the rain in the vent that you survive enough to leave the wreckage?

I would have like to have said to my amazement (but I should should have expected it) five cars with no lights on whatsoever passed me during my stretch of about 8 miles. Predictably they were all painted black except for one red one.

No amount of flashing from other people got them to notice that presumably their own dashboard wasn't lit up. How does one alert these imbeciles when they are obviously totally lacking in alertness?

Has anyone else noticed the connection between driving dull coloured cars and not using lights? Is it that that they have never thought about being seen, other than in the now obligatory school run black livery? I dont think I've ever seen a bright coloured car being the one with no lights.

Maybe the fact that I still notice the unlit black ones really mean that it doesn't matter but does everyone else notice them as well?

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
Bongolia
Supreme Being

Re: Unbelievable driving conditions

Post by Bongolia » Fri May 19, 2017 4:56 pm

I was in that deluge on the M20 yesterday. Bloody idiots some of them sitting almost on each others bumpers.
I found the hardest to see where the lighter coloured vehicles they just blended into the spray with just a glimmer from the tail lights if they were on at all.
Two accidents one on the way out and another on the way back.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri May 19, 2017 7:49 pm

Yep, I dispair. :roll:

And I love the dim wits who think a rear fog light is some kind of force field.

If you need rear fogs it's too bad to be driving at 70 plus. :twisted:
the1andonly
Tribal Elder

Post by the1andonly » Fri May 19, 2017 9:29 pm

I still need to find the Klingon cloaking switch on my bongo

Return to “Off Message”