miss the bongo

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

chipvan
Supreme Being

miss the bongo

Post by chipvan » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:40 pm

Yes the car is fine, but dump runs take ages, hope your all having fun in your bongos. Take care all
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: miss the bongo

Post by mikeonb4c » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:43 pm

chipvan wrote:Yes the car is fine, but dump runs take ages, hope your all having fun in your bongos. Take care all
Told you so ha ha! I'm not much looking forward to motoring after the Bongo.

Happiness is a Warm Bongo, to borrow from John Lennon. 8)

Good to hear from you chipvan :-)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Feb 28, 2016 8:48 pm

I can vouch for tip runs with a Bongo.

Been off work for a bit and catching up with outside jobs at home, loads of junk and garden waste taken in a few trips.

And as Mike says, good to hear from you. :D
BigPanzer
Tribal Elder

Post by BigPanzer » Mon Feb 29, 2016 1:42 am

Hi,

Ahhh! the Bongo - invaluable vehicle for taking broken fence panels to the tip lately!

Good to hear from you

Peter
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Mon Feb 29, 2016 2:13 am

Can't take a Bongo into my local tip. they've got an anti cowboys' tranny van height barrier.

Can't park outside and walk or wheelbarrow in, either.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Feb 29, 2016 9:18 am

Diplomat wrote:Can't take a Bongo into my local tip. they've got an anti cowboys' tranny van height barrier.

Can't park outside and walk or wheelbarrow in, either.

Frank
Same problem for me. I have to go to a more distant one. But since i can do in one trip what would otberwise take several, plus i can use the comnercial section with usually a much shorter que, it still works out loads better (no pun intended) :-)
aitch
Supreme Being

Post by aitch » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:26 pm

I miss mine soooo much for tip runs, coffee while the wife does the shopping and loads of other reasons roll on the pension pay out and hopefully a new Bongo for me!!!!
Be nice to everyone they might be nice back.

Come to the dark side we have chocolate dark chocolate
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Apr 01, 2016 11:38 pm

Wey Hey

Good to hear from you Aitch.

Get that payout soon Matey and right back to Bongoing. :D :D :D
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Apr 02, 2016 12:54 am

aitch wrote:I miss mine soooo much for tip runs, coffee while the wife does the shopping and loads of other reasons roll on the pension pay out and hopefully a new Bongo for me!!!!
So good to hear from you Aitch:-)
sotal
Supreme Being

Post by sotal » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:01 am

Ours won't fit in to any of the tips round here :(

We have to apply for a permit to use the commercial entrance - I think it is free but you can only enter so many times a year. Will have to look into it more as the Bongo would be more useful for this. We used to have a galaxy which fitted in fine.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Apr 02, 2016 10:13 am

sotal wrote:Ours won't fit in to any of the tips round here :(

We have to apply for a permit to use the commercial entrance - I think it is free but you can only enter so many times a year. Will have to look into it more as the Bongo would be more useful for this. We used to have a galaxy which fitted in fine.
I have to go to a commercial tip also due to height barrier restrictions. But i've never needed a permit and it can work out well as i don't have to join the long queue of cars for domestic rubbish and the Bongo takes many times what a car would take :-)
sotal
Supreme Being

Post by sotal » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:24 pm

We live just outside of Stoke-on-Trent so technically our waste services etc aren't SoT ones, I've asked before at the Stoke ones but was told about needing a pass etc. Had to fill in forms, so never bothered.

However I went this week to our closest one which is properly in our area, and asked about coming in the Bongo, they said it wasn't a problem at all, there is a height barrier at 2.0m but if I park up just outside and come and ask they will open it up.

So sorted for tip runs in the Bongo now!
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Post by Jillygumbo » Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:27 pm

sotal wrote:We live just outside of Stoke-on-Trent so technically our waste services etc aren't SoT ones, I've asked before at the Stoke ones but was told about needing a pass etc. Had to fill in forms, so never bothered.

However I went this week to our closest one which is properly in our area, and asked about coming in the Bongo, they said it wasn't a problem at all, there is a height barrier at 2.0m but if I park up just outside and come and ask they will open it up.

Mmmm I'll probably have to look into this soon! Tintin went under the barrier with about 1 inch to spare. No chance now with Tonto!
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Apr 06, 2016 8:20 pm

sotal wrote:We live just outside of Stoke-on-Trent so technically our waste services etc aren't SoT ones, I've asked before at the Stoke ones but was told about needing a pass etc. Had to fill in forms, so never bothered.

That's what i reckon they should all do but don't. Maybe we should start a campaign to stamp out Bongoism - discrimination against Bongos :twisted:
sotal
Supreme Being

Post by sotal » Wed Apr 06, 2016 9:34 pm

I've got a 1970 series 2A Land Rover which admittedly hasn't moved for a good few years but I went to the tip with that once and had to argue for quite a while that it wasn't a commercial vehicle. The fact that I had taken the seats out of the back at the time didn't help me either (and it didn't have windows in the back). They ended up letting me get rid of the stuff but suggested I didn't bring it back without seats in the back! [-X

That went under the barrier too!

Return to “Off Message”