How do you read the forum?

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

What do you MAINLY read the Forum on?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:06 pm

Computer/Apple
65%
Mobile phone
6%
IPad/Similar
16%
Even mix of above
13%

Total votes: 31
Doone
Supreme Being

How do you read the forum?

Post by Doone » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:06 pm

With all the new technology around, has it changed how you view/read the Bongo Fury forum?
I surprised myself by now mostly reading it on my phone!
It suits me to be able to pop in and out, without the hassle of having to switch on a computer.
And as the forum is 'mobile friendly' it works really well.

Do you mainly read it on your Computer/Laptop/Apple?
Or via your mobile phone?
Allan's closed. in Plymouth we recommend PGS (Plymouth Garage Services) or Mayflower Auto Services
sotal
Supreme Being

Re: How do you read the forum?

Post by sotal » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:23 pm

I've got a big smart phone, ipad, android tablet and still use the laptop more than anything else - especially for things like this.

Do use the phone/tablet when away in the Bongo though!
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:42 pm

Use a mixture, currently on a full workstation, often on a laptop screen, frequently on a 7" Android Tablet. Chop and change the interface according to what I'm using!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Mon Jan 04, 2016 8:43 pm

Mostly my ipad now, phone in Weatherspoons. Free Cloud. :wink:
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:27 pm

Computer only and in Classic XP desktop view.

My phones are all of the non smart variety, through choice. So much easier to navigate without having to look at them too much and, thankfully, dedicated mainly to phoning and texting.

The vast majority of my browsing is done on a variety of classic desktop configured 15" laptops, with almost all human interfacing via a mouse. If I have to use the keyboard, it is always one fingered my left middle finger aided occasionally with a right finger on the shift and enter keys. Although I have several tower and monitor computers doing various jobs around the place, none of those has ever been connected to any form of network including the web.

I hope that a time never comes when I will have no choice but to use touch screen technology, particularly on a car dashboard.

With my 'stick in the mud' attitude, it is amazing that during my life I would appear to have learned at least as much as, and possible more than, most of my contemporaries (but not how to use a smartphone).

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Jan 04, 2016 9:35 pm

I use my phone a lot these days and now that I have a laptop/tablet Yoga thing I sit in front of the telly tapping away on that. Total BF addict, as the number of posts shows ha ha. But I resist Facebook as much as possible as every road on there forks into two more and you get lost in a load of generalist junk. I prefer to invest my efforts in enrichening and tapping into a focused and really useful special interest forum like this one :-)
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Mon Jan 04, 2016 10:25 pm

Desk top windows7 only .. I don't use any type of mobile phone ..

Must say tend to be on FB a lot more now .. must be a dozen or more Bongo related ones around ..

Most seem more friendly and not as 'cold' / 'clicky' as Forums and well supported particularly by female Bongo owners who have said they feel more at ease asking 'novice type' questions on FB rather than the more male dominated Forums ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Jan 05, 2016 5:05 am

Hi
'Puter as I like a large screen, but occasionally laptop / tablet, but I rarely use the smartphone...only when in the GPs waiting room (i've got too many appointments therein and a season ticket :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: )...or whilst the mechanics do an oil change!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:09 pm

Bit more often on iPhone 5, otherwise PC. Sometimes android tablet.
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jan 05, 2016 12:16 pm

mikeWalsall wrote:Most seem more friendly and not as 'cold' / 'clicky' as Forums and well supported particularly by female Bongo owners who have said they feel more at ease asking 'novice type' questions on FB rather than the more male dominated Forums ..
That's very telling, and not entirely surprising I guess. Sadly, I think it does BF a bit of an injustice as I reckon that (relatively speaking) it very friendly and welcoming to newcomers.

For me, the decision to spend time on any forum is driven by how relevant it is to a particular interest I may have. I do recall the feeling of nervousness when I first started asking questions on BF but I soon got over that, and the help I've had on here has been fantastic. I hope I've put a reasonable number of good stuff back on here also over time. And all of it is relatively simple for newcomers to search when looking for guidance on this or that. I've never understood how FB would be useful in quite the same way (can I search and get good advice quickly and easily on how to change droplinks, modify leisure battery electrics etc for example?). FB seems to have so much clutter on it and I seem to get taken off in a maze of content and can't find my way back.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:15 pm

Hi
I tend to find that an ounce of Bongo advice is worth more than a hundredweight of what appears on Facebook, and the reader on this Forum is more likely to go away with the right advice from what I've seen. I tend to think that the ratio of Gals / Guys is more to do with the natural percentage ratio of Facebook rather than women feeling afraid to ask a question on here...and most lady drivers seem to have a fair grasp of what they drive when you look at some of the questions the Fb guys ask!!!!
Also, Fb tends to be more chatty, and it's a format that appeals to Lady drivers....Anyway...If you do get advice on Fb, it's more like asking a question weighted towards a reply you want rather than the real deal on here!...
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
BigPanzer
Tribal Elder

Post by BigPanzer » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:46 pm

Hi,

Almost always on PC unless SWMBO is monopolising the PC, in which case it is the laptop and this fancy new fangled wifi stuff. Very occasionally on an old Archos 605 using wifi, but the Opera browser on there is a bit slow and clunky by modern standards.
Don't have a smartfone (or even a dumb one). SWMBO also has a tablet, but she doesn't like me playing with it!

Regarding the Facebook forums, useful at times but I prefer BF

Peter
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Jan 05, 2016 2:47 pm

Well said Mike and Helen.

I think most would say we're very welcoming to new peeps on here, male or female, and no one ridicules a question - if someone needs/wants to know then its sensible.

That said I don't often answer when the first post is along the lines of, "I've just bought a Bongo and I want a full size spare. It can be delivered to my house between 2 and 4 on weekdays".

Just my grumpy nature. :lol:
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:12 pm

Bob wrote:Well said Mike and Helen.

I think most would say we're very welcoming to new peeps on here, male or female, and no one ridicules a question - if someone needs/wants to know then its sensible.

That said I don't often answer when the first post is along the lines of, "I've just bought a Bongo and I want a full size spare. It can be delivered to my house between 2 and 4 on weekdays".

Just my grumpy nature. :lol:
:wink: :lol: :lol: :lol: =D> =D> =D> :-# :-# :-# 8)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:15 pm

helen&tony wrote:Hi
I tend to find that an ounce of Bongo advice is worth more than a hundredweight of what appears on Facebook, and the reader on this Forum is more likely to go away with the right advice from what I've seen. I tend to think that the ratio of Gals / Guys is more to do with the natural percentage ratio of Facebook rather than women feeling afraid to ask a question on here...and most lady drivers seem to have a fair grasp of what they drive when you look at some of the questions the Fb guys ask!!!!
Also, Fb tends to be more chatty, and it's a format that appeals to Lady drivers....Anyway...If you do get advice on Fb, it's more like asking a question weighted towards a reply you want rather than the real deal on here!...
Cheers
Helen
Well summed up Helen =D>

I might find time to explore FB more but I'm put off by not being confident who I'll end up connected with and in ways I may not want (nothing sinister, just can't keep up with all that everyone posts)

Return to “Off Message”