How do you read the forum?

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

What do you MAINLY read the Forum on?

Poll ended at Mon Jan 18, 2016 8:06 pm

Computer/Apple
65%
Mobile phone
6%
IPad/Similar
16%
Even mix of above
13%

Total votes: 31
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Re: How do you read the forum?

Post by helen&tony » Tue Jan 05, 2016 3:32 pm

Hi
Mike
There is one Fb group that is managed by a well respected source on here, and the advice is genuine! :wink:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Tue Jan 05, 2016 4:31 pm

Apply Tin foil hat :lol: ...I avoid any devices that emit microwave radiation as much as is possible to do so. In the end up exposure all adds up. I will also refuse any smart meters in my house (which you are legally entitled to do) when they try that cookie on us as it will have a small microwave transmitter that will emit low level microwave RF up to a few hundred times a day. For efficiency my a***, it will end up that we will pay more for electric and gas. They do not roll this stuff out unless they expect to profit from it.

I do not even have wi-fi at home and use a CAT 5 cable between my PC and modem/broadband box. Internet problems here are rare luckily.

I almost never surf on a phone and use my land line as soon as I can when speaking to someone with a home phone.

Since realizing FB is a bizarre form of communicating with old colleagues, tenuous acquaintances and real close friends I find it very filtered and odd. Got bored of cut and paste posts with the people posting them saying very little themselves just repeating "cool" or PC stuff all the time wears thin. So go on it less and less myself.

Long live BF as it is.
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:27 am

BongoBongo123 wrote:A ...I avoid any devices that emit microwave radiation as much as is possible to do so. In the end up exposure all adds up.
I think you worry too much. I have no such fears myself.

The microwave radiation is similar to infra red and it is only likely to warm you slightly, at the most. It is not ionizing radiation like radioactivity or like gamma radiation and will not have a cumulative effect.

Granted, an 800 watt microwave oven would cook you if you got inside it but phones and, even less, domestic wireless devices have miniscule power output in comparison.

Don't sue me if I'm wrong, but I wouldn't give the matter a second thought.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Wed Jan 06, 2016 12:50 am

BongoBongo123 wrote:I will also refuse any smart meters in my house (which you are legally entitled to do)

However, I wouldn't have a smart meter because the whole point of them is to find out when you use most of your energy so that they can then put you on a tariff that really shafts you during those hours.

I've also heard it suggested recently that smart meters don't measure consumption in such a basic way as old watt/hour meters and take into account certain loads which in the old meters were hard to measure, notable things like fluorescent and LED lighting, which of course are now immensely popular.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Wed Jan 06, 2016 8:24 am

I went off on one but thought better of it so edited. Sorry to go OT.
the1andonly
Tribal Elder

Post by the1andonly » Wed Jan 06, 2016 9:03 pm

Back to thread
28" monitor Linux Box
no smart phone or tablet no wifi or smart meters
No Aluminium foil headgear.
No facebook either
05gt
Bongonaut

Post by 05gt » Wed Jan 06, 2016 11:48 pm

Mostly on my phone as I work away a lot where I can't get wifi. Forums to me are more in depth and serious, whereas Facebook is generally 'lighter' content.
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Thu Jan 07, 2016 1:09 am

I check this forum on my phone but find it much easier to type posts and find the relevant info on here from many people who have had many years Bongo ownership.
I do like social media site forums for pictures as its easier to upload them, but there is a few on there who seem to just want to argue and wind people up. If anyone asks anything which I have good experience of I am quite pleased to be able to give an informed opinion on things, but then some smart arse pipes up and says "oooh! I wouldn't do that your van will explode and kill everthing to death" I exgacerate a bit but you get the point. I would never put anyone at risk and I always speak from the good few years of bongo ownership I have and usually say it's up to you to make an informed decision.
Now even though it is good advice I usually pull my posts off if someone doesn't agree as life is too short to get involved in a night long slanging match as on most forums.
This forum I am pleased to add does not do that and long may it continue.
Do what you like.Like what you do.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Jan 07, 2016 9:57 am

stuc wrote:I check this forum on my phone but find it much easier to type posts and find the relevant info on here from many people who have had many years Bongo ownership.
I do like social media site forums for pictures as its easier to upload them, but there is a few on there who seem to just want to argue and wind people up. If anyone asks anything which I have good experience of I am quite pleased to be able to give an informed opinion on things, but then some smart arse pipes up and says "oooh! I wouldn't do that your van will explode and kill everthing to death" I exgacerate a bit but you get the point. I would never put anyone at risk and I always speak from the good few years of bongo ownership I have and usually say it's up to you to make an informed decision.
Now even though it is good advice I usually pull my posts off if someone doesn't agree as life is too short to get involved in a night long slanging match as on most forums.
This forum I am pleased to add does not do that and long may it continue.
Spot on Stuc
=D> =D> =D>

Return to “Off Message”