just thought i would read up on this newish technology.

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: just thought i would read up on this newish technology.

Post by mikeonb4c » Sat Jan 09, 2016 2:51 pm

Northern Bongolow wrote:just got to replace the dumb bit thats left, the driver. thats where its all going to end up, driverless.

smart motorways !!!!!!!!. who are they kidding. #-o #-o
Funny isn't it that in the next room there's a Zen Buddhist class going on where the mantra is that life is in the travelling and not just in the getting there.
briwy
Supreme Being

Post by briwy » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:35 am

No point whingeing, it's here to stay like it or not. :(
Just get a 40 year old MG, no tax, £60 a year insurance, easily available bits are cheap as chips, everything can be fixed with a hammer and screwdriver (nearly), whats not to like. :D
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Fri Jan 15, 2016 12:53 am

Oddly Mrs B said just yesterday that if Bongy ever had to go to the big 'Campsite in the Sky' we'd be buying a Morris 1000.

Couldn't pull the caravan with it, though. :?
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Fri Jan 15, 2016 6:16 am

Hi
BOB......!!!!!....No.....not a Morris 1000 :lol: :lol: :lol: ....I used to have a jar of pet tin-worms that crawled out of a Ford (about a 4 year-old Ford)...and, I'll tell you this much, if you let them out of the jar , they'd do an Olympic standard sprint to a Morris Minor in preference to a Ford any day of the week...having said that, they preferred a Vauxhall...In fact, the favourite breeding ground was a Vauxhall Velox!...Morris 1000s...huh...best thing about them was the engine...I love the A-series...have owned more minis than I care to mention...NOT those nasty little German things made by the Badly Made Wagon co. in the UK under licence from "Anxious" Angela Meerkat...Hells teeth, what's the British car industry coming to (what's left of it!)
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
stuc
Supreme Being

Post by stuc » Fri Jan 15, 2016 8:53 pm

You say that Helen but the UK last year produced over 1.5 million cars not including commercial vehicles compared to 1.3 million in 1960, 1.6million in 1970 and 924000 in 1980, so British car manufacturing/assembly is in good shape. maybe not quite the shape you like but we still make cars lol!
Do what you like.Like what you do.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Jan 16, 2016 6:12 am

Hi Stu
Yes, I know...the UK still makes cars....all owned by foreign companies. Cars made in the UK for overseas profit...and what's paid into the pocket of UK technicians and workers is the subject for non-national owners. This is what kind of upsets me, as British workers do still have a pride in what they do at work from my understanding...compare that with some other countries. I'm just not a fan of "Globalisation"...in the end it costs the consumer more, because the country of origin may have to accept component parts from another country because of a trade deal "one-off" , thus you have a job-lot of engines from , say , Eastern Europe, made under licence for a German company, in a British car. British and American technology and inventiveness is still at the forefront...why should the consumer be forced to take less. Safer in the long run to buy from Japan , where the component parts "most probably" are all made there...
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Sat Jan 16, 2016 9:59 am

Hi Stu
Further to my previous post, it's a bit interesting to see that we joke about VWs on here...I've owned a couple, and if I had the money I might hope to own one of their better models (some folk call them Rolls-Royces)...Interesting to note that Rolls-Royce....producers of the finest engines, now equip their cars with a Mercedes engine, and out of respect for some of the Middle Eastern shareholders, it was reputed that the Flying Spur might be sold under the new name Flying Carpet to acknowledge the famed silent transport referenced in the Tales of the Arabian Nights (of which I have a superb volume)..... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Sadly, whist the UK still produces cars, we consume 2.6 million new registrations of which we produce 1.5 million...I wholeheartedly approve of choice, but to think that much of the UKs industry is owned from abroad kind of bothers me, as one of the first things you do in an invasion is to undermine a country's infrastructure (I love studying history)....second, you control the information system, and in the words of Voltaire "To find out who rules you, simply find out who you are not allowed to criticise"...It's worth looking to see who invests in the media!!!!!!
Anyhow....at my age, I don't really give a fig what goes on, I merely look with interest, but I do worry for my children & grandchildren :wink:
Cheers
Helen

Return to “Off Message”