more windows 10 woes - well sort of

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

andyb36
Tribal Elder

more windows 10 woes - well sort of

Post by andyb36 » Tue Sep 22, 2015 6:21 am

well - as I stated last time how windows 10 would not play older games because of security issues

ok - I thought - that's a good thing ?

windows 10 also has a xbox gaming facility that can do all sorts and allows you to download a load of free and relatively small priced games

don't expect latest blockbusters - but fare enough medium class games - although 1-2 have surprised me

so - what about your old joypad - joystick etc etc

just so - you do not have to use a mouse and keyboard - unless - when sat at a computer table - no problem

I mainly use my pc as a media center - music - latest films - dodgy sites

so no keyboard within reach - optical wireless mouse reaches fine

SO JOYPAD to use for xbox games - so Microsoft have fiddled it again - you can only use an xbox one new controller

you cannot use wireless either - if you use wireless it has to have the lead connected ( so if one of your kids has one - at least you can borrowed it - but buy a lead ( mini usb to normal )

so after searching everywhere and 50 quid for my trouble --ARGOS to the rescue official 2.7 mtr wired controller £29.99

well chuffed and windows chucked its own driver in and sorted it all

so a little tired this morning - very addictive lol

just thought I would share my experiences

I might just save you a few pennies buying rubbish of ebay and it doesn't work ( yep - did that lol )

cheers

andy

Return to “Off Message”