VW Shares crash - time to hang on to that Bongo :-)

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Diplomat
Supreme Being

Re: VW Shares crash - time to hang on to that Bongo :-)

Post by Diplomat » Wed Sep 23, 2015 8:08 pm

daveblueozzie wrote:YES ITS A VW.
I hope that, in this instance, 'the car in front' isn't a Toyota and certainly not a Mazda.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism
philpdr
Tribal Elder

Post by philpdr » Wed Sep 23, 2015 10:31 pm

daveblueozzie wrote:YES ITS A VW.
Software glitch? #-o
daveblueozzie
Supreme Being

Post by daveblueozzie » Fri Sep 25, 2015 8:37 am

Its passed its emissions test.

Lost without my Bongo.
philpdr
Tribal Elder

Post by philpdr » Sun Sep 27, 2015 11:17 pm

Good to see they're back on track.

I'll get me coat.
Jim the Box
Tribal Elder

Post by Jim the Box » Wed Sep 30, 2015 1:43 am

The thing is my mate is paying £30 per year for his road tax based on emissions output details for his diesel VW, if they are faked, he could up paying considerably more and also his vehicle may even drop in value, can of worms springs to mind.
"Today's rain is tomorrow's Whisky"
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Wed Sep 30, 2015 12:18 pm

the owners have been allowed to blag a lower road tax amount based on emissions quoted by the manufacturer, this gain will almost certainly be wiped out with lower resale values. the news that the owners wont have to pay the back duty/tax as they were sold something that is misdescribed may also be offset by the fact that the offending motors may need to be moved into a different tax bracket costing the owners more dosh.

what a bloody mess. :shock: :roll: :roll: :roll: .
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed Sep 30, 2015 2:36 pm

Hi
There's an awful lot that could be considered in this affair, and I think those shouldering the blame are just scapegoats. The German economy depends quite heavily on the car industry, and when it was realised that without considerable cost and re-development which must have been un-affordable at the moment, engines which obviously can't meet the required emission standards had to have something "fudged" to meet requirements until modifications could be put into place affordably, and in order to afford the re-tooling, they would have to sell volumes of what was in stock. This need to sell would affect the countryside involved in production, and affect the taxes and duties due to the government, and I don't think it's too much of a stretch of the imagination to hazard that the central government was aware in a "plausibly deniable " way. This whole issue will make people wonder about the reliability of other German products, which many folk have pondered upon before this.
Who suffers?....The poor s*ds in the German population that do their work dutifully, planning on continued employment at the present capacity!....PLUS, Mrs. Merkel has seemed to have had a lapse of judgement over the migrant issue, and they just can't afford to maintain the volume financially, and it will backfire on the whole EU because Germany will need financial rebates from the EU to cope with that burden....and now this issue with cars....I think Germany's beggared in the short term, and I hope for the German people that they can recover!....
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Wed Sep 30, 2015 6:13 pm

Oh dear oh dear. Well at least there's Bongos.....I hope [-o<

I feel an old hippy song coming on....

:lol: :roll: :cry: 8)
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Wed Sep 30, 2015 9:19 pm

I suspect that there is going to be plenty of money made out of this fiasco.

I heard on the news today that VW are going to tell their diesel using customers 'in the next few days' how they can get their vehicles sorted out. Sounds like a recall but who will pay? There's no way it will cost nothing. We could see a lot of money moving around and oiling the wheels of the economy. What a slice of luck for some while others are put to inconvenience.

From another point of view, who among us would not want to take advantage of an ECU software fix that made sure our vehicle sailed through the MOT emissions test? My first indirect experience of cheating the examiner was someone I knew swapping front motorbike wheels with a friend for the day of the test.

There must be a lot of Pharisaic disapproval of VW around at the moment.

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism

Return to “Off Message”