Dodgy Bristol Bongo seller - several aliases?

Talk about non-Bongo stuff. BUT KEEP IT CLEAN....there are children watching. Smut, filth, and anything offensive will not be tolerated and removed immediately.

Moderator: Bob

Cab-ova pete
Bongolier

Re: Dodgy Bristol Bongo seller - several aliases?

Post by Cab-ova pete » Tue May 19, 2015 5:32 pm

When you buy a bongo from this geezer he brings his 10yr old son with him who runs round showing you all the gadgets etc and he knows all the patter :roll: the dealer has trained his son to sell them as well? These new ones under name"qure" are probably the ten yr olds listings! When dad is shut down his son will take over :oops: poor Bristol? I proper feel sorry for them it's like he's never gonna go away?
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Wed May 20, 2015 12:09 am

We've seen his use of stick-on trim and reflectors to hide rust spots on Bongos, but I think the use of an adhesive dog has to be a first :? Perhaps it's a sign that the rest of the vehicle is a bit of a dog :)

As the listing says "rare to find one with low mileage and rust free condition" and indeed this is not one of them.

Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Wed May 20, 2015 8:11 am

Looks 'Ruff' to me.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Wed May 20, 2015 8:36 am

Hi
I think this person , whose name we don't know, must be the mythical "Wayne"...son of Mr. and Mrs Kerr
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Terri & colin
Bongolier

Post by Terri & colin » Wed May 20, 2015 10:43 am

Has you all know that BRISTOL seller is in this group under several names. We know this because he tells buyers.!!! [-X

We are compilling evidence against this rogue trainer. We just don't know how many people have been ripped off. Pm me if your one [-o<
Terri & colin
Bongolier

Re: Mr HAYAT-Dodgy Bristol Bongo seller

Post by Terri & colin » Wed May 20, 2015 10:49 am

Snail921 wrote:What exactly do you intend to do if you get an address? I've no idea where he lives. I lived in Bristol for part of the 70's but I don't recognise his street. I can tell you where one of his vans is, though. It's sitting in my drive. Did 220 miles today, ran like a sewing machine, beautiful. I know what you'll say, I was lucky but I reckon you make your own luck in this world. I got a Bongo that I'm delighted with, is the envy of my friend who has one in a much more parlous condition, and I got it at a bargain price, delivered to my door.
Regards,
Brian.

You one out of dozens so your the lucky one.
Terri & colin
Bongolier

Re: Mr HAYAT-Dodgy Bristol Bongo seller

Post by Terri & colin » Wed May 20, 2015 11:13 am

Terri & colin wrote:
Snail921 wrote:What exactly do you intend to do if you get an address? I've no idea where he lives. I lived in Bristol for part of the 70's but I don't recognise his street. I can tell you where one of his vans is, though. It's sitting in my drive. Did 220 miles today, ran like a sewing machine, beautiful. I know what you'll say, I was lucky but I reckon you make your own luck in this world. I got a Bongo that I'm delighted with, is the envy of my friend who has one in a much more parlous condition, and I got it at a bargain price, delivered to my door.
Regards,
Brian.

You one out of dozens so your the lucky one.
We have his home address

your a one off "Brian"
Cab-ova pete
Bongolier

Post by Cab-ova pete » Wed May 20, 2015 11:59 am

Hi, (Brian)sorry we haven't met but are you 6'6 across the shoulders,as this would explain why you got a good one? If not it was just your lucky day! I've been speaking to a guy who's just lost 6k and has a blown up bongo Outside his gaff :? I know its his own fault but it doesn't take away the fact that you have funded this scamming rat 8) also no fault of your own! Would you still buy a bongo from this man?? #-o
Cab-ova pete
Bongolier

Post by Cab-ova pete » Wed May 20, 2015 12:04 pm

Oh yeh I think the dog badge is actually a fridge magnet :shock: he's probably trying to show the prospective buyers that he hasn't got round to filling the arches yet? :lol: :lol:
Snail921
Bongonaut

Post by Snail921 » Wed May 20, 2015 12:29 pm

since Pete seems to want some sort of reply all I can do is repeat what I've said before. I'm not arguing for or against this man but I do want to see evidence. if that evidence can be collated and set before the appropriate authorities then I hope justice would take it's course. I have to say,though, that in my view, a view that is informed by a certain amount of legal training, much of what is said here, and on the Facebook page, would not stand up in court. Allegations are just the start, it would need much more than that.
As far as buying again from this man, I very much hope that this vehicle will outlast me.
Regards,
Brian.
dave_aber
Supreme Being

Post by dave_aber » Thu May 21, 2015 11:06 am

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/S-REG-MAZDA-B ... 6016.l4276

A new one from qure_uk2014

He's getting more subtle.

Edit - I have his listings on a search with email alerts, but this one didn't come up. Reason is that this is not a new listing, but a completely revised existing listing with a different vehicle. Can't see why, unless it's yet another scam to avoid eBay fees - when one vehicle sells just edit the listing and present another van!

Revision History of this listing
Image...Image
There are 10 types of people in this world.
Those that understand binary, and those that don't.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Thu May 21, 2015 11:53 am

Maybe a dealers thing .. I noticed a very well respected Wigan dealer who sells Bongos also sell Toyota Alphards (amongst other makes) ..

I have noticed the general wording of his (cut 'n paste?) Toyota adverts matches the Bongo ones .. including 'cam belt is changed' ..

The 2.4 Alphard DOHC cams are actually chain driven ..!!
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu May 21, 2015 3:27 pm

mikeWalsall wrote:Maybe a dealers thing .. I noticed a very well respected Wigan dealer who sells Bongos also sell Toyota Alphards (amongst other makes) ..

I have noticed the general wording of his (cut 'n paste?) Toyota adverts matches the Bongo ones .. including 'cam belt is changed' ..

The 2.4 Alphard DOHC cams are actually chain driven ..!!
Perhaps all they're trying to say is 'where relevant, cam belt is changed'? Wheelquick are not known as scimpers, and their after sales commitment to customers is said to be the best. Probably, as you say, its a website oversight as they're too busy doing spanner work!
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Thu May 21, 2015 5:11 pm

It was an observation and not a criticism ..!!
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Diplomat
Supreme Being

Post by Diplomat » Fri May 22, 2015 12:13 am

mikeWalsall wrote:The 2.4 Alphard DOHC cams are actually chain driven ..!!

That's my next van settled, then.

All I need now is the money!

Frank
My schoolmates idolised Biggles, I wanted to be Alcock & Brown
They flew, I took up naturism

Return to “Off Message”