2021 Insurance tips.......

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

Katka
Bongolier

2021 Insurance tips.......

Post by Katka » Wed May 26, 2021 10:17 am

For as long as I remember, if you add a Voluntary Excess to a Policy quote, the Premium has gone down. I have been researching for my CAR insurance renewal, and instead of my usual £250 voluntary excess, got quotes reducing it to £0, and my quote remained the unchanged. Should I now need to claim, I won't have to contribute so much.
Happy with that, I increased the value of the car (2nd had car prices have increased). Result - no extra Premium. If I need to claim, my loss won't be capped below market rate.
Lastly, I added my partner as named driver. No Premium change.
And here's the Icing.... The Premium is about 40% less than last year.

When I'd done the research and decided Lloyds Bank suited me best, as an account holder with them I checked their offers, and got a further £40 off.

Let's hope this experience is repeated when it comes to renewing the 'van's insurance in a couple of months.

The Tips
1. 'play' with the Policy options. Don't assume your existing Policy assumptions remain best value;
2. Make sure the Declared Value is appropriate for this year;
3. Do the research about 3 weeks prior to the Renewal date. Apparently that's when the best rates will be offered.
4. Don't skip reading the Policy docs. If it's not what you need, cheap isn't what you want.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: 2021 Insurance tips.......

Post by Bob » Wed May 26, 2021 11:13 am

Really good tips.

Thanks. 8)
JF117
Bongonaut

Re: 2021 Insurance tips.......

Post by JF117 » Mon Aug 02, 2021 2:16 pm

I used Caravan-Wise (if they suck, let me know and I'll trigger that sweet cool-off.. lol)

Fully Comprehensive, social/pleasure use only, 3rd vehicle - not sure if I'm allowed to say this but it was a few hundred pounds.

It was quite competitive compared to others.

Return to “Insurance”