CARAVAN INSURANCE ANYONE

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

ELZE
Supreme Being

CARAVAN INSURANCE ANYONE

Post by ELZE » Tue Feb 07, 2017 6:43 pm

Just insured the Bongo with the caravan club at a reasonable price. Purchased a caravan today and being the obvious choice I tried them again but too expensive for a caravan ?? Best I have so far is £200 for an 8yr old Bailey Senator single axle worst being £355. I will put all the toys on like alarm, tracker, clamps and such. I think the £200 is not bad and am tempted to go for it but my mate (more experienced) gets his for £150. He's away working so cannot ask him.

I was just wondering if anyone knows any other decent companies.

Cheers
A Bongo is for life, not just for Christmas
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: CARAVAN INSURANCE ANYONE

Post by Bob » Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:44 pm

We paid £162 last year, broker is CETA and insurer is Drew Touring Caravan.

I'm guessing I found them on line, but Mrs B may have done it through work.

2006 Coachman VIP 520/4.
Tessie
Bongolier

Post by Tessie » Tue Feb 07, 2017 10:00 pm

Have you tried Caravanguard, if not give them a go, tel. 0800 1488400 or 01422 396769, http://www.caravanguard.co.uk. They will even tell you the market value of your caravan and insure it accordingly. I have always found them easy to talk to and reasonably priced, about £90 for a 2002 Bailey 2 berth and now about £200 for a 2010 Sterling Eccles 2 berth. A lot depends on what you actually insure with regards to accessories, extras, etc. They also give discounts for all sorts of different things.
Never run out of road, traction and ideas at the same time.
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:28 am

Thanks guys I will give them both a call today,

:D :D
Getcarter
Bongolier

Post by Getcarter » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:26 pm

Just renewed my 2003 senator Arizona for £66 with Frank Pickles. Its my third year with no claims and the premium has dropped every year.
V6 Tintop with LPG
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Wed Feb 08, 2017 9:35 pm

Mines 2006 I think insured for £6000 value
With AA think they broker it out £130
Mine is kept on a secure storage site ( casa )

I wrote one off a couple of years back £5000 worth got just over £4000 for it on insurance
It don't matter how much you value it at on the insurance form
They would only pay out book price

Still insured with same people
And cost has NOT GONE UP :shock:
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:01 pm

Tessie wrote:Have you tried Caravanguard, if not give them a go, tel. 0800 1488400 or 01422 396769, http://www.caravanguard.co.uk. They will even tell you the market value of your caravan and insure it accordingly. I have always found them easy to talk to and reasonably priced, about £90 for a 2002 Bailey 2 berth and now about £200 for a 2010 Sterling Eccles 2 berth. A lot depends on what you actually insure with regards to accessories, extras, etc. They also give discounts for all sorts of different things.

Aye, done CARAVAN GUARD £195 and SAFE GUARD £255 :? I am now looking at a few the other guys on here have mentioned. will get there in the end and for the cost of a few phone calls I might safe a few more bucks :D
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:29 pm

Getcarter wrote:Just renewed my 2003 senator Arizona for £66 with Frank Pickles. Its my third year with no claims and the premium has dropped every year.
well, well, well! Frank Pickles it was then =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D> =D>

Insurance Premium Total £121.09 with legal cover
Compulsory Excess £100.00
Voluntary Excess £0.00

Thanks a lot for this I am over the moon :D :D :D 8)

Thanks to everyone who contributed, I just renewed my membership this week and already via this forum I feel I have my money back already ! 8) 8)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Feb 09, 2017 5:39 pm

Well done, that's a worthwhile saving. =D>
Tessie
Bongolier

Post by Tessie » Fri Feb 10, 2017 2:41 pm

Getcarter wrote:Just renewed my 2003 senator Arizona for £66 with Frank Pickles. Its my third year with no claims and the premium has dropped every year.
After seeing this post I decided to go online to get a quote, although I don't need to renew until August. I have always been satisfied with the service from Caravanguard but Frank Pickles' quote is half the price (slightly less cover than Caravanguard but nothing to bother me) and I got an email saying they can adjust the cover to give a reduced price and offered a first time discount too. I will certainly be giving them a try when my renewal date arrives. Thanks Getcarter

The only reservation I have is that Frank Pickles is a broker so there is no clue as to which insurance company the insurance will be with and you only really know how good a company is when you have a claim, anybody had any experience of claiming, or any exclusions, when using Frank Pickles?
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Fri Feb 10, 2017 3:49 pm

Tessie wrote:
After seeing this post I decided to go online to get a quote, although I don't need to renew until August. I have always been satisfied with the service from Caravanguard but Frank Pickles' quote is half the price (slightly less cover than Caravanguard but nothing to bother me) and I got an email saying they can adjust the cover to give a reduced price and offered a first time discount too. I will certainly be giving them a try when my renewal date arrives. Thanks Getcarter

The only reservation I have is that Frank Pickles is a broker so there is no clue as to which insurance company the insurance will be with and you only really know how good a company is when you have a claim, anybody had any experience of claiming, or any exclusions, when using Frank Pickles?

Not really wanting to go there but if you need to make a claim it is a worrying time and therefore a reasonable question. A while back I used to use a Broker for all my insurances including business. I only stopped using them because they were getting greedy with their commission. when I had make changes to a policy the broker charged me an unreasonable amount so I binned them. I suppose it's a contract like any other and they have fixed you up with an insurance that lists its terms and conditions so we can only hope there is no bother in the event of a claim [-o< lets hope we do not need to find out eh?

I have not had to make a claim yet Amen !
Getcarter
Bongolier

Post by Getcarter » Sat Feb 11, 2017 8:16 pm

Glad to help, I've never had to make a claim so no idea how they are but the price is good.
V6 Tintop with LPG
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Tue Feb 14, 2017 10:00 pm

The brokers will tell you who's your insured with if you ask
I wrote my caravan off a couple of years ago
The asser who came out to see me was going all over the country for all different companys
He said it's always book price for the caravans
And when I got the offer it was from there company not my insurers
When I refused it the better offer was just over book price
Because They could not find a caravan of the same year as mine with black windows ( replacing like for like )
The lads who collected my wrote off caravan said they go all over the country for all the insurance company's
By the sound of it it's not a massive industry

Was not a hard process I had me £4500 in me bank with in 5 weeks
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
ELZE
Supreme Being

Post by ELZE » Wed Feb 15, 2017 8:27 am

I suppose they do not devalue as quick lise a car does
Tessie
Bongolier

Post by Tessie » Tue Jul 25, 2017 1:20 pm

Tessie wrote:
Well, I got my renewal letter from Caravanguard and it was £303 :shock: . The Caravan Club (or Caravan and Motorhome Club as it should now be called) only quoted £240 and they have always been more expensive than Caravanguard before. Got an up to date quote from Frank Pickles of £111 =D> . Guess which one I renewed with :roll:. As I said above, slight differences between all the three insurers but not enough to worry me or warrant the big differences [-X
Thanks again Getcarter

Return to “Insurance”