Insurance troubles

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Insurance troubles

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 2:58 pm

Joe_anne123 wrote:Hi Jill. Lifesure told me that if I got near the max mileage (5k on my policy) to ring them and they'd amend the policy. They also said that until the v5 is updated to motor caravan, they don't need to be informed about the conversion.
Thanks Debs. I've been trying to get through to Lifesure and still not managed it. They may have well told me the same last September. However, Tonto is currently only insured for the tintop value, and I'll have spent a hell of a lot more on it by the time I'm finished. This is one of the reasons I want to amend the policy and make sure I'm covered for the whole value, as well as increase my mileage because ------ well, I'll be off soon every weekend!!!!!!

Haven't been away since September except for the New Year meet. Getting withdrawal symptoms.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!
Jillygumbo
Supreme Being

Re: Insurance troubles

Post by Jillygumbo » Thu Feb 18, 2016 4:30 pm

Interesting. I've just been on the phone to Lifesure, who I'm currently with as unconverted. They would cancel the old and start a new policy for a campervan and they trust me to inform the DVLA of the change, which is in my best interests anyway, but I don't need to provide proof to Lifesure to take out the policy. They quoted £300.00 for £15,000 value and 10,000 miles a year, including commuting, without any no claims bonus. They also may be able to take account of Terry's no claims bonus when Tintin is sold and give a further discount. If I tell them of the make of the tracker I'm having fitted, there may be a further discount.

I contacted ClubCare (C&CC) and asked for a quote along the same lines. They won't offer the main policy to anyone with no no claims, so would want Terry as owner (I'll never get my no claims that way and I'll be the main driver). Alternative policy for no no claims would be £487.15 (15,000 miles). Scenario for 1 yr no claims with 10,000 mileage would be £299.99. On a par then and food for thought later.
Jillygumbo, Tonto & Ruca
The night conceals the world, but reveals the universe!

Return to “Insurance”