2Gether INSURANCE - a warning

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

ELZE
Supreme Being

Re: 2Gether INSURANCE - a warning

Post by ELZE » Wed Dec 23, 2015 9:53 pm

vanvliet wrote:I have been with 2Gether insurance for around 8 years and at the beginning of October 2015. I paid my annual premium of around £200. We are now just into December .
I sold the van yesterday and rang them to request that at least a percentage of my outlay be refunded after reading (in their literature sent with the policy) that I would get ' 65% refunded after 60 days or 50% refunded up to 90 days'
Imagine my surprise to find that they have an admin charge of £45 for all cancellations and that ,taking other fees into consideration I would be refunded - - - - NOTHING AT ALL !!!!!! NOT A BEANIE!!! Zilch!!!! Zero!!!!
Moral - check the small print then the smaller print then look at other insurers small print which may,or may not, have a similar approach to insurance cancellation
I had a Landrover Disco insured with them which I needed to put on hold after two months following a major defect. I Asked if they would put it on hold and was told yes but £55 to stop it £55 to start in admin fees? I had paid £300, cancelled it and got nothing back?

Guess what? Never used them again.
A Bongo is for life, not just for Christmas
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Wed Dec 23, 2015 10:28 pm

That's dreadful. You should be able to get a proportion of the premium back I'd have thought. We've recently moved house so I called Aviva to cancel the buildings and contents policy. They did this and gave me at least some of the remainder back. It was only about £12 but there was only about a month left on it anyway.
joe2gi
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by joe2gi » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:38 pm

Hi everybody allow me to introduce myself i'm Joe Woods the new relationship manager here at 2Gether insurance.

Thank-You for your feedback regarding the cancellation charges, perhaps I can expand and explain this a little.
The type of scheme you are on is a heavily discounted limited mileage scheme and in its simplest form you get the discount upfront as this assumes that the vehicle will not be used heavily and not necessarily for the whole 12 months of the year, this is typical with Camper Van version for example.
All of our fees are disclosed verbally and in writing, we are fully transparent and with respect our competitors work in the same way. Please understand when we cancel a cover the main charge is the actual Insurer who cancel on short period rates, we apply an administration charge as our commission is reclaimed by the Insurer upon cancellation, I am sure you can appreciate that we cannot be at a loss for writing the business in the first instance.
This is an honest and true response to your query, 2Gether remain motivated and focused on offering the best policy suited to your needs with Motoring clubs being a major focus of our business model.

Joe Woods
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Thu Feb 18, 2016 5:50 pm

joe2gi wrote:Hi everybody allow me to introduce myself i'm Joe Woods the new relationship manager here at 2Gether insurance.

Thank-You for your feedback regarding the cancellation charges, perhaps I can expand and explain this a little.
The type of scheme you are on is a heavily discounted limited mileage scheme and in its simplest form you get the discount upfront as this assumes that the vehicle will not be used heavily and not necessarily for the whole 12 months of the year, this is typical with Camper Van version for example.
All of our fees are disclosed verbally and in writing, we are fully transparent and with respect our competitors work in the same way. Please understand when we cancel a cover the main charge is the actual Insurer who cancel on short period rates, we apply an administration charge as our commission is reclaimed by the Insurer upon cancellation, I am sure you can appreciate that we cannot be at a loss for writing the business in the first instance.
This is an honest and true response to your query, 2Gether remain motivated and focused on offering the best policy suited to your needs with Motoring clubs being a major focus of our business model.

Joe Woods
Thank you for posting Joe, much appreciated. I'm with 2gether and expect to reinsure with you provided the quote remains competitive. I declare a limited mileage as you refer to above. One gripe i have with the whole industry is the apparent lack of recognition given to many years of safe driving. In my case since 1968 with no accidents or claims. No claims bonuses are not what they once were. The industry has also been lazy about tackling crash-for-claim fraud, choosing instead to allow unacceptable premiums inflation that hits innocent motorists. [-X

Return to “Insurance”