2gether insurance, confusing.

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

callum
Bongolier

2gether insurance, confusing.

Post by callum » Mon Oct 12, 2015 1:25 pm

Hi folks,
Just been looking at quotes for the soon-to-be daily driver.
Flux looks ok, £420. We're 30 years old, and this is about right compared to our old car (Peugeot 407).
We have sold the Pug to have the Bongo as our daily driver, wife's at least, i have a wee motorbike.
For the sake of a phonecall we tried 2gether too, but they said they won't insure it as a main vehicle if it is camper converted. It only has a mid conversion, so it's a bit of a surprise.
Anybody recommend a different provider before we accept the Flux one?
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Re: 2gether insurance, confusing.

Post by mikeWalsall » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:08 pm

If it's a full camper try the Camping & Caravan Club ... you don't have to be a member ..

I pay £200 in a WS3 post code area ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
andyb36
Tribal Elder

Post by andyb36 » Mon Oct 12, 2015 2:31 pm

as we are old ageing folk lol 48

your age doesn't help - but £420 doesn't sound that bad

try admiral - lifesure

they are pretty good

but as always - depends on postcode - and ages - licences etc etc

depends on petrol diesel - I was actually £100 dearer to go v6 way

so I stuck with my diesel lol

andy
Scratch
Bongolier

Post by Scratch » Mon Oct 12, 2015 5:34 pm

I have not had to take out motor insurance for many, many years due to having a company car. I still have the company car but am also the proud owner of a 2002, 2L petrol, unconverted Bongo. I have found the whole process of arranging insurance from when I bought the Bongo, to reinsuring it after a year, a complete pain. Last year I arranged insurance but was waiting for a decision on a small bump I had in my company car. Although I was not at fault (a car driving illegally in a bus lane ran into me) due to no witnesses being present my company were forced to agree a 50 / 50 settlement. When I advised my insurer of this they then decided they couldn't insure me and I had to cancel the insurance and start again. I had no problem finding another insurer but the cancellation cost a considerable amount of money. After a year of problem free driving I received the renewal quote from my insurer. The price has increased greatly so I can only presume that they were expecting renewal without me checking (if I hadn't cancelled, the premium would have been taken off my debit card automatically) I then went through the whole process again, found an acceptable quote (£362) and on informing my current insurers I wished to cancel was told that they were sure they could give me a better deal than their renewal notice. If they had given a similar price to their first years premium I would have insured with them again and saved everybody all the hassle. I suppose everybody goes through this farrago every year (or just automatically pays the rising premiums) but as somebody who is new to this game I find the whole process ethically questionable. :|
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:14 pm

I use lifesure
Huntingdon area
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Mon Oct 12, 2015 6:40 pm

It infuriates me when changing insurance companies for a better quote, they then turn round and say ..

"Oh .. we could have bettered that price" ..

If they could .. why didn't they on day one and kept your business ..??

Gross profiteering ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
andyb36
Tribal Elder

Post by andyb36 » Tue Oct 13, 2015 6:07 am

myself and mike touched on this subject in another thread

it all started with the AA

they are all at it

they knock 35% off with one phone call

I am sure they all have shares in the phone line for the amount of time you sit there choosing options lol

andy
Scratch
Bongolier

Post by Scratch » Tue Oct 13, 2015 9:08 am

If you use a comparison site like Confused.com or Tiger get the best offer and email them to ring you. They soon will when they think you are interested. At least save the cost of the phone bill :)

Return to “Insurance”