Goodbye Adrian Flux

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

roosmith
Tribal Elder

Goodbye Adrian Flux

Post by roosmith » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:49 am

I've just renewed my insurance. Got my letter through the post from Adrian Flux and as per usual started the game, phoned them and said what is your best price - £335. I did a quick search on compare the market and ironically through the same insurance company I'm with - who are owned by Adrian Flux!!- I got the quote of £175. Called Adrian Flux back and there is nothing they can do. So I've cancelled and gone through compare the market with the same company!

It annoys me to have to go through a song and dance each year but £160 is worth it! It's a shame as I've been with Adrian Flux for over 15 years however they weren't competitive on my Volvo earlier in the year and now the Bongo isn't with them either. Hey ho.
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
Gasy
Supreme Being

Re: Goodbye Adrian Flux

Post by Gasy » Sat Sep 19, 2015 12:49 pm

That's a nice price
Do you have a conversion roo ?
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Sat Sep 19, 2015 4:15 pm

I have a mini conversion with the back seats removed however I insure it as an 8 seater, as very occasionally I do have them back in. It is limited to 8000 miles though. I was chuffed I have to say. One of the advantages of getting old hey! (don't know if I'm talking about the Bongo or me!!!)
Bongoplod
Supreme Being

Post by Bongoplod » Sat Sep 19, 2015 11:54 pm

What company did go compare suggest for you?

Brian
Confucious once said " To be fluent in Bongolese is to hold the key to the world!"
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Sun Sep 20, 2015 5:42 pm

It is through Performance Direct with Highway. Highway (as far as I'm aware) are owned by Adrian Flux and who I was with last year for twice the price!
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Mon Sep 21, 2015 6:38 pm

roosmith wrote:It is through Performance Direct with Highway. Highway (as far as I'm aware) are owned by Adrian Flux and who I was with last year for twice the price!

Highway Insurance Company Limited (HIC) is owned by Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company.
Scratch
Bongolier

Post by Scratch » Mon Sep 21, 2015 9:24 pm

My insurance is up next month. Can't wait for the endless phone calls to try to get the best deal. Why oh why doesn't my current insurer simply offer a fair price to keep my custom and save me time? :?:
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:06 am

Scratch wrote:My insurance is up next month. Can't wait for the endless phone calls to try to get the best deal. Why oh why doesn't my current insurer simply offer a fair price to keep my custom and save me time? :?:
Adrian Flux used to be quite good, the renewal letter that came through was still laughable but if you phoned them, they knocked enough off to mean I didn't need to bother. It is a complete farce. Hey ho!
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Tue Sep 22, 2015 8:08 am

rita wrote:
roosmith wrote:It is through Performance Direct with Highway. Highway (as far as I'm aware) are owned by Adrian Flux and who I was with last year for twice the price!

Highway Insurance Company Limited (HIC) is owned by Liverpool Victoria Insurance Company.
Ah that's interesting. Which company is it that Adrian Flux own then, as I remember I was with them a few times (as they told me when I took the policy)? I'd remembered as Highway.....
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Tue Sep 22, 2015 9:05 am

I was with Adrian Flux with my Estima but always assumed they where just insurance brokers .. selling various insurance companies policies ..

I remember my first years premium with them was 'OK' .. but the renewal was a really OTT and I found a better quote ..

I was even more put out when Adrian Flux phoned to see if I was going to re insure .. when I told them I had sourced a better price .. and they instantly said they would beat that quote ..!!

If they could ... why didn't they in the first place ..??
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Tue Sep 22, 2015 3:32 pm

I find that really anoying.

Whenever it happens I go with the new company to make the point.
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:20 am

roosmith wrote:
rita wrote:

Ah that's interesting. Which company is it that Adrian Flux own then, as I remember I was with them a few times (as they told me when I took the policy)? I'd remembered as Highway.....

They own.... Chartwell Insurance
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Wed Sep 23, 2015 9:40 am

Is there any end to your general knowledge Rita?!
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Post by Simon Jones » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:21 pm

...only when Google is down :)
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Wed Sep 23, 2015 12:24 pm

Ha, I tried Googling it but couldn't find the answer! Better Googling skills obviously!

Return to “Insurance”