Insurance broker fee

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

andydad
Bongonaut

Insurance broker fee

Post by andydad » Mon Dec 15, 2014 12:32 pm

Hi there.Had my Freda for couple of weeks now.When I rang round for insurance quotes the best I could get was nearly £400, due to lack of NCD. Fair enough I thought.
But when the paperwork arrived it shows the actual premium to be @£230, plus a broker fee of £125!!! Is this normal? The policy is with a broker recommended on here.

Any comments?
Thanks
Andy
Simon Jones
Supreme Being

Re: Insurance broker fee

Post by Simon Jones » Mon Dec 15, 2014 1:48 pm

Yikes. Perhaps it's like most financial advise you get these days where the broker has to tell you how their fees are paid? If it was not clearly explained when you got the quote then you may have some comeback on the broker?

I'd be tempted to call the insurer directly and try to see what price they'd do it for you. If they can offer you a better deal, you should be able to cancel the first policy within your cooling off period.
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Mon Dec 15, 2014 6:45 pm

Give aib insurance a call and ask for Darren and see what price he can offer you.mention bongo fury and wild camping forums
andydad
Bongonaut

Post by andydad » Tue Dec 16, 2014 2:01 pm

The insurer only appears to deal with brokers.
Laird, called aib.Darren very helpful. Better quote,now in the process of trying to cancel other policy,with Darren's help.
the laird
Supreme Being

Post by the laird » Tue Dec 16, 2014 6:20 pm

Glad he could help you out andy dad,I've found him to be most helpfull,ive also put others onto him with good reports back.ps I have no connections with aib but am a member of the wild camping forum and we all get a discount there,previously had my bongo ins with them ,might get a bongo fury discount if you ask ,
Keep me up to date with how the outcome is :D
Colin H F
Supreme Being

Post by Colin H F » Tue Dec 16, 2014 11:25 pm

Hi Andy is your freda converted if so try http://www.campton.co.uk/ I was with them 4 years and they were the lowest I could get in my high risk area Liverpool
prior owner of >>>>1999 2.5 diesel ex tin top &FORD FREDA 2000 2.0 LTR PETROL
andydad
Bongonaut

Post by andydad » Wed Dec 17, 2014 8:40 pm

Hi Colin. Think I tried them before I bought the freda, but I'm unconverted.Well,not enough anyway.

Return to “Insurance”