France - Breakdown Cover

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

the laird
Supreme Being

Re: France - Breakdown Cover

Post by the laird » Sat Jul 19, 2014 9:36 pm

Sorry guys posted my reply in euro cover. Doh! :P
dblake
Bongolier

Re: France - Breakdown Cover

Post by dblake » Sat Jul 19, 2014 11:43 pm

Mcrdave wrote:Can highly recommend ADAC for your trip to France. We broke down in mid France last year and they shipped our Bongo home and provided most of our travel costs. You need to translate the site into english as they're based in germany but it's the best I've found so worth the hassle

http://www.adac.de/
Thanks for the reply, spookily enough last Wednesday I joined ADAC! Cheaper than RAC or AA single trip cover for a joint years membership!

Have to say RAC were particularly unhelpful. Despite having joint personal UK cover, I found it very hard going getting any sort of personal annual euro cover. Spendt almost 3 hours being passed around and explaining what I needed to about 8 advisers. Read the website/t&cs, nothing about age of vehicle for personal members. Until you mention it. Or that a bongo is a campervan. Then it's you have to be a member of the CCC or its a £340 surcharge! Asked where this was on the website and was told it wasn't policy to publish prices!! Crazy, I could have bought cover on the website entering the age and make and they would have taken my money. I pointed that out and was told they would have refused to assist me if I broke down! So they lost that bit of business. And my renewal in October too...

Sorry, rant over!

Return to “Insurance”