Lifesure-related Nightmare

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

Helen44
Bongonaut

Lifesure-related Nightmare

Post by Helen44 » Thu May 08, 2014 12:44 pm

I called Lifesure a few days ago to ask for an insurance quote, and got as far as date of birth, when I was promptly shut down as I am under 30. Fair enough, I thought, I'm glad you told me now, rather than letting me go through all of the details first...

I was going to hang up when the telephonist advised me that one of their "partner organisations" would be willing to insure me, and would I like to be put through to them? I agreed, and I was transferred through to C-Connect, who asked for all of the usual details, which I gave. After about 5 mins of the computer whirring away, the lady I was speaking to advised me that she would like to discuss the top three quotes...It was only then that I discovered that Lifesure had put me through to a broker. I thought I might as well hear what she has to offer to me, so I asked for the prices, but was told that she was not at liberty to discuss the actual price but she could transfer me directly through to the company with the "best offer", so I agreed to be transferred through again.

So...the third guy answers the phone, and wants to know ALL my details again (try explaining a Bongo diesel AFT automatic three times!) then tells me "we have found a few fantastic quote for you" (this is when I discover that I am through to another broker...). I asked for the "fantastic quote" and was offered £2776 from Aviva. Would I like to be put through to Aviva?? NO.

40 minutes after I started, I finally get off the phone, and seconds later I got an incoming call from C-connect asking me if I was ready to be put through to the second company for another "highly competitive quote". When I asked for her definition of competitive, she admitted to me that she had no idea of the prices on offer, and she pretty much told me she was just transferring me through to arbitrary companies. I told her I was no longer interested in her services.

Since Tuesday, I have received numerous phone calls from C-Connect telling me that they had "even more brilliant quotes to offer". Despite telling them to stop calling, I'm still getting more calls. It's only day 3 and I'm already tearing my hair out.

:evil: Sorry for the rant...needed to vent.
Wendy'n'Alan
Bongolier

Re: Lifesure-related Nightmare

Post by Wendy'n'Alan » Thu May 08, 2014 1:56 pm

If you are not awaiting any important phone calls just ask them to wait a moment, place the telephone on the table and carry on with your life!!
Tony x
Tribal Elder

Post by Tony x » Thu May 08, 2014 3:02 pm

You could always replace your phone number with a premium line.
You may remember a chap was in the papers a while back for doing this. He kept nuisance callers waiting and made £300 in his first year.
He had another number for friends to call him on.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu May 08, 2014 3:18 pm

Google Call Blocker, you can block their numer, all witheld numbers, internation calls, all as you please.
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu May 08, 2014 3:42 pm

Hi
A whistle held to the 'phone stopped my nuisance calls (they wear headphones :twisted: )....oh, and I had one of those purvey calls once....I'm sure my laughter put that one off... :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol:
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Helen44
Bongonaut

Post by Helen44 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:16 pm

Haha, excellent ideas.

I just had another call, but the telephonist was really polite so I couldn't bear to be rude. I begged her to stop calling and she said that their system was showing this as the first call since Tues...very odd.
mikexgough
Supreme Being

Post by mikexgough » Thu May 08, 2014 4:30 pm

I use a CPR call blocker... £40 and well worth the money...preloaded with 200 of the usual cold calling suspects plus you can program for no international, 0845 etc... what ever suits... bonus with it is... you can press the call block button and no more calls from that number... I have caller id on my phone so I usually have a heads up of where it's coming from plus many of my suppliers and customers are in the contacts list like my mobile..... Sad to hear the UK insurance industry is letting itself down as usual...
Conversant with Bongo Top Pinion Oil Seals

Bongo owning Velotech Cycle Mechanic
helen&tony
Supreme Being

Post by helen&tony » Thu May 08, 2014 4:49 pm

Hi
But you can have so much fun with callers....blowing a whistle down the phone sometimes gets a call back from an irate call from a supervisor, who vehemently states "you can't do that ...blowing a whistle down the phone...it's illegal"....to which you reply "but I did", and give THEM an earful too 8)
Furthermore, you can say that their call has been diverted to the USA, where you're working!....2 seconds to hang up time....GUARANTEED....
OR...put on your best "Sex Chat" voice and say unmentionable things....OOOOhhhh...there's a lot of fun to be had ....Guaranteed you'll be struck off the call list!
Cheers
Helen
In the beginning there was nothing , then God said "Let there be Light".....There was still nothing , but ,by crikey, you could see it better.
Helen44
Bongonaut

Post by Helen44 » Thu May 08, 2014 4:59 pm

Haha Helen - I wouldn't want to mess with you.

I work in a call centre myself at the mo (incoming - so I won't be calling any of you guys, don't worry!), so don't want to be too rude, for fear of karmic retribution in the shape of my own irate callers! Call blocker sounds like a good idea, but I would rather have £40 more to spend on my Bongo.
nicstrike
Tribal Elder

Post by nicstrike » Thu May 08, 2014 6:35 pm

I have a couple of tactics that work pretty well (ok 3 if you count the anglo saxon approach!) , I either get irate and say that its a business line (which is semi true) , or pretend to be a bit "simple" (not difficult).... "mummy don't like me talking to strangers" normally has them running for the hills. at an old workplace we used to have endless fun seeing how many internal transfers it would take before they would hang up. childish but oh so much fun!!!
fatcatlawyer
Tribal Elder

Post by fatcatlawyer » Thu May 08, 2014 7:28 pm

I answer with "Hello Whats the emergency" If they go on to mention an accident I have the follow up line, and say, Who where and when This gets them off their guard. I then start to chastise them by stating that my number is specifically for emergencies and what on earth are they doing phoning a line dedicated for emergencies and mentioning an accident - oh what fun.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu May 08, 2014 8:57 pm

All the suggestions so far make me proud to be a Bongo Fury member. =D> =D> =D>
The Great Pretender
Supreme Being

Post by The Great Pretender » Thu May 08, 2014 11:59 pm

mikexgough wrote:I use a CPR call blocker... £40 and well worth the money...preloaded with 200 of the usual cold calling suspects plus you can program for no international, 0845 etc... what ever suits... bonus with it is... you can press the call block button and no more calls from that number... I have caller id on my phone so I usually have a heads up of where it's coming from plus many of my suppliers and customers are in the contacts list like my mobile..... Sad to hear the UK insurance industry is letting itself down as usual...
I have one 2 but im tempted to say as as nicstrike had me giggling "mummy don't like me talking to strangers" that should strike fear into the lot of them..............if it dont, i press the call blocker button.........Simples..... :wink:
To infinity and beyond
nicstrike
Tribal Elder

Post by nicstrike » Fri May 09, 2014 1:15 pm

another successful one from the past has been ..... "good morning/afternoon , cornwall bra services , what size cup do you require?" . it quite often ended in click..brrrrr. result!!
alan
Supreme Being

Post by alan » Fri May 09, 2014 6:06 pm

frist ask them to remove you phone number for there company 2nsd tell to remove you tel phone number 3rd time there ring tell them you gong to come to the call centre to remove in with a base ball bat seems to work for me

but on the other hand ring lifesure complain there do take note
take it easy drive a bongo

Return to “Insurance”