help and advice for claim

Who's hot and who's not? Good tips and bad rips....

Moderator: Ian

RichF
Apprentice Bongonaut

help and advice for claim

Post by RichF » Sat Feb 17, 2018 4:06 pm

Hello, help and advice needed.
Bought my unconverted 8 seater '97 Bongo in Aug 2016 as fresh import, she's in excellent condition, not hint of rust, mechanically sound, and now undersealed twice!
Was run off road in a no fault accident August '17. (Impatient taxi driver playing chicken with on coming vehicle! Traumatic!)
I'm insured with Admiral and they put me straight on to a company called Auxilis, who promptly sent a rep out to inspect vehicle and do engineering report. They wrote it off class D, and gave me PAV of £4360, and a deal to retain(which obv as Bongo lovers you Know I'm going to!). I gave engineers more evidence and agreed a value £4800, reasonable. All good til now..

The third party replied with there own 'desk top' engineers report, tho claimed they've done an inspection, which they have not.. She's never been out of my possession and is roadworthy despite they're claims.
They claim it is a commercial vehicle, thus only have to pay trade, and plucked 5 ads off internet to back up they're valuation of only £3200. they sent a cheque for £2400 for settlement.
I immediately informed Auxilis and gave multitude of grounds for rejection. They adviced by phone and alluded I could cash as interim payment, but I did not do so unconvinced, and said they'd chase the shortfall.
After 3 months of waiting,...
Numerous unanswered emails and phone calls later Auxilis have only sent they're engineers reply to the third party this week! They have not sent it to me as requested, and appear to have crumbled, and don't appear able to fight on a legal basis. I find this incredulous!

So where do I go from? Can the third party legally claim my 8 seater Bongo is a commercial vehicle?

Any help would be most appreciated.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: help and advice for claim

Post by Bob » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:13 pm

I'm no expert, but normally if you're fully comp you claim from your own insurers and they reclaim from the other driver's insurers. I can't see why you need to deal with them.

As for saying it's a commercial vehicle they can claim what they like, but it isn't, as your V5 will prove.

I certainly wouldn't cash the cheque, in fact I'd return it as they will almost certainly claim you have accepted payment.

Sorry to hear you've had such bad luck, and welcome,to BF. 8)
teenmal
Supreme Being

Post by teenmal » Sat Feb 17, 2018 5:38 pm

This is a matter for Admiral or Customer care Company Auxilis, you need to bounce the Balls back in their Court.
What was the reason for introducing Auxilis ,did the claim have complications?.
Was your vehicle insured under a Commercial Policy?.

Take Care
RichF
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by RichF » Sun Feb 18, 2018 12:05 pm

Thanks for getting back to me gents,

My V5 says body type MPV and tax class PLG, But vehicle category is blank, Type approval no. Exempt... Is that sufficient to prove not commercial?
Its on a private car insurance, and that's all I use it for.
Yes fully comp. Admiral connected me to Auxilis on first phone call to declare accident, advised me it was best route, no excess and no loss of NCB.
I had presumed the ball was in their court, and safely, but that now seems dubious, which as said surprises me!

Return to “Insurance”