Flashlube and the V6

What's the MPG like? Can I use chip fat and veggie oil? What about LPG?

Moderator: Doone

BTS
Junior Bongonaut

Flashlube and the V6

Post by BTS » Sun May 07, 2017 3:56 pm

Yeah or nay...

I have the LPG conversion booked in for Weds, have gone for manual flashlube, should I upgrade to electronic or is it simply not needed at all?
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Re: Flashlube and the V6

Post by mikeWalsall » Sun May 07, 2017 4:46 pm

I have had three JDM motors running on LPG .. personally I would not leave home with out Flash lube .. All mine have had the cheopo vacuum operated version and alI have been faultless ..

I would advise you to have the fill up container under the front bonnet and not in the engine bay as my Bongo V6 was ..

It's easier to top it up and fine tweak the drops of Flash lube to one drop every 12 seconds if ever needed .
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
ade33
Bongolier

Post by ade33 » Tue May 09, 2017 3:15 pm

We bought a V6 with LPG but no Flashlube. The LPG ECU went pop after we had to jump start the van one day. The LPG place that repaired the system fitted a flashlube and I agree it's better off having it and not needing it than the other way round.

Mr LPG warned us against jump starting the van or using it to jump start another vehicle without pulling the LPG ECU fuse first - he reckoned it was the jump start that killed it (sorry, a bit off-topic but slightly, sort-of, maybe relevant :? ).
BTS
Junior Bongonaut

Post by BTS » Tue May 09, 2017 7:36 pm

That is valuable information Ade, thank you

Return to “Bongo Fuel & Performance Issues”