diesel emissions

What's the MPG like? Can I use chip fat and veggie oil? What about LPG?

Moderator: Doone

Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

diesel emissions

Post by Northern Bongolow » Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:57 pm

looks like things are hotting up a bit, but it looks like the government havnt the b!*ls, should be interesting after the election though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-39692500
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Re: diesel emissions

Post by mikeonb4c » Mon Apr 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Northern Bongolow wrote:looks like things are hotting up a bit, but it looks like the government havnt the b!*ls, should be interesting after the election though.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-39692500
DOCTORS SAY LIFE IS A SIGNIFICANT CONTRIBUTOR TO DEATH

You read it here first folks :lol:
scanner
Supreme Being

Post by scanner » Tue Apr 25, 2017 2:36 pm

Every claim against diesel is always "thought to be" "maybe connected with" or "possibly the result of".

Whereas at least 2 people I knew could confirm (if they were still alive) that petrol emissions definitely kill people and do so much much quicker than diesel emissions "may" (or may not) kill them.

I think there is a hidden agenda at work and it is all to do with the huge drop in sales of petrol in certain markets. There are no alternative uses for petrol and that makes it a useless by-product that the big oil companies just cannot shift. The Diesel fraction of the crude oil on the other hand has many other uses and it doesn't hurt the companies much if cars stop using it and go back to petrol.

Governments also support the move back to petrol because it brings them in more revenue because so much more is needed to do the same miles.

PS If that isn't the case why aren't petrol engines being equally heavily accused of being "dirty" when they are at least as bad.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ft-eu-laws
mikeonb4c
Supreme Being
Location: Living with Mango Bongo in the North West but with a tendency to roam

Post by mikeonb4c » Tue Apr 25, 2017 3:38 pm

Very interesting 'conspiracy' theory that has a ring of truth about. There seems to be no attempt at getting rationality into the diesel debate and the current hate campaign is an offence to the facts and against diesel owners. Is my 5k a year of traffic jam free rural diesel driving in a 22yr old camper van really more deserving of public vilification than 30k a year running hither and thither in and out of congested cities in a 5yr old petrol vehicle when public transport might be more effective? I should hope not. :evil:
Gasy
Supreme Being

Post by Gasy » Tue Apr 25, 2017 5:10 pm

scanner wrote:Every claim against diesel is always "thought to be" "maybe connected with" or "possibly the result of".

Whereas at least 2 people I knew could confirm (if they were still alive) that petrol emissions definitely kill people and do so much much quicker than diesel emissions "may" (or may not) kill them.

I think there is a hidden agenda at work and it is all to do with the huge drop in sales of petrol in certain markets. There are no alternative uses for petrol and that makes it a useless by-product that the big oil companies just cannot shift. The Diesel fraction of the crude oil on the other hand has many other uses and it doesn't hurt the companies much if cars stop using it and go back to petrol.

Governments also support the move back to petrol because it brings them in more revenue because so much more is needed to do the same miles.

PS If that isn't the case why aren't petrol engines being equally heavily accused of being "dirty" when they are at least as bad.
https://www.theguardian.com/environment ... ft-eu-laws
=D> =D>
There always hiding something from us and making something out of the hard working
Gas safe heating engineer / plumber if you need any advice just shout.

Return to “Bongo Fuel & Performance Issues”