Buying Millers in bulk

What's the MPG like? Can I use chip fat and veggie oil? What about LPG?

Moderator: Doone

cmm303
Supreme Being

Buying Millers in bulk

Post by cmm303 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 8:38 am

Anyone bought Millers Diesel Power Eco Max in a 5lt container? http://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/aw/d/B003IJV ... ref=plSrch Works out nearly half the price of buying in the normal bottles but looks completely impractical for measuring out and putting into the fuel tank. Is there is a way of refilling the standard bottles. I'm wondering if they are filled by injection through what looks like a valve at the bottom of the neck.
Chris with BertieB
'96 White unconverted AFT 2.5L Diesel 4WD
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Re: Buying Millers in bulk

Post by BongoBongo123 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:04 am

Note: Package says use within 12 months of purchase so that might affect your plans ?

Hiya, I have only used the small bottles as I don't seem to do the mileage to warrant mass quantities. The stuff does stink and it is quite unpleasant fluid so I understand your considerations regarding transferring it. Not the kind of stuff that you want anywhere other than in the bottle or in your tank.

I noticed the 500mL bottles have gone up in price to about £12.79 from £9.99

Sorry, no ideas on filling the small bottles up because that measuring section gets in the way.

I can only think of getting some decent bottles (HDPE is used on the original Millers) with good quality sealed screw caps and funneling it in. But then you have that stuff on the funnel and as I bet you know it is awful to have that smell lingering, nearly makes me want to honk up.

It might be worth giving a test with the smaller bottles over a longer period and seeing if you are getting the benefits that I have suggested I manage. Quieter, smoother, a bit more poke, good mpg, progressive cleaning.
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 11:34 am

Thanks Bb123. I thought of PM'ing you but upheld forum principles instead!

Didn't think of a use-by limit. As you say, may change viability of idea.

I use it in my car as well as the bongo but still lasts a while. I'll do some sums, with our imminent Scottish tour going to eat up a good few miles. Defo not into carrying 5ltr and a funnel (space, hassle and mess). If sums make it look worthwhile I might try topping up a little bottle with a cake syringe.

Last time I bought a multi-bottle bundle for a substantial reduction over single bottle purchases so always got that to fall back on.
Chris with BertieB
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 12:50 pm

Yes they did have a 3 bottle special at one place on ebay. That smell of the diesel version hangs around for weeks if you even get a drip run down the side of the bottle. That is the down side of this product.
cmm303
Supreme Being

Post by cmm303 » Mon Apr 18, 2016 1:57 pm

Scotland trip will use up 1/2 to 1/3 of a bottle. A very long way off getting through 5ltr in a year!

That 3X multibuy on eBay is good
Also quite cheap is http://www.emotorspares.co.uk at £7.48/bottle. Carriage £3.50 so looks good for 3 or more.
Chris with BertieB
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:14 am

i love millers stuff and really rate it, oils, additives, they are all really good. i can supply a good direct info phone number by pm if you require it or just go on there web site and contact them yourself they have a really good web advice or phone advice set up.

the company i work for have also used this company to good effect and these products are also very good.

http://fastexocet.co.uk/product-category/automotive/
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Tue Apr 19, 2016 12:20 pm

cmm303 wrote:Scotland trip will use up 1/2 to 1/3 of a bottle. A very long way off getting through 5ltr in a year!

That 3X multibuy on eBay is good
Also quite cheap is http://www.emotorspares.co.uk at £7.48/bottle. Carriage £3.50 so looks good for 3 or more.
Cool, that was the place that I get from, eemotorspares they used to be called on ebay and it is even cheaper than it used to be, a bargain. I did a search but could not find them on ebay. I think I am on my last 500ml bottle myself and definitely need a new petrol version shortly.

I agree Northern I can feel and hear it when there is no millers in the tank. Yesterday from cold the collection lorry chap :( started the Bongo whilst I was behind it.... zero smoke of any kind from cold, started instantly. (even with a currently screwed cooling system) If it really can lubricate and extend life of valves/diesel pump it is a bonus.
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Tue Apr 19, 2016 1:46 pm

Northern Bongolow wrote:i love millers stuff and really rate it, oils, additives, they are all really good. i can supply a good direct info phone number by pm if you require it or just go on there web site and contact them yourself they have a really good web advice or phone advice set up.

the company i work for have also used this company to good effect and these products are also very good.

http://fastexocet.co.uk/product-category/automotive/
We used to use the free samples when Exocet sponsored Rob Austin in the BTCC and the Bongo loved it!
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
Northern Bongolow
Supreme Being

Post by Northern Bongolow » Wed Apr 20, 2016 12:51 am

i dont think they are in touring cars this year are they. #-o #-o #-o . maybe there is a good reason. :^o :lol:
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Thu Apr 21, 2016 8:44 am

Yeah, it was something about not being able to afford to carry on with it, no idea :shock: :lol:

It was a two year contract, they stepped up to main sponsor when a deal fell through early with another sponsor, they never planned on doing it but were just helping out. They were a great addition to the paddock though. If they had have been staying we were already in talks with them about wrapping the Bongo, would have looked amazing!
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.

Return to “Bongo Fuel & Performance Issues”