Is BP dropping the supply of Autogas?

What's the MPG like? Can I use chip fat and veggie oil? What about LPG?

Moderator: Doone

mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Re: Is BP dropping the supply of Autogas?

Post by mikeWalsall » Mon Oct 10, 2016 10:55 am

Apparently many BP garages have already stopped selling LPG ..

My tip is ask Taxi drivers where they source there's from as there are Independent tyre sellers / car wash sites etc who have an LPG tank to service mainly Taxis but will sell to anyone ..

I use such a site local to me and pay 43p a litre ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:50 pm

Trabi601 wrote:If you can let me know where your local Shell is, I can look into it for you.

The Shell estate is roughly 50/50 split between independents and Shell owned stations - obviously, the indies are able to do whatever they want with their LPG installations - but I'm not aware of it being removed on company sites.
I suspect it's an independent. Its Greenfield Service Station, on the A505 near(ish) Royston.
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
roosmith
Tribal Elder

Post by roosmith » Mon Oct 10, 2016 12:55 pm

mikeWalsall wrote:Apparently many BP garages have already stopped selling LPG ..

My tip is ask Taxi drivers where they source there's from as there are Independent tyre sellers / car wash sites etc who have an LPG tank to service mainly Taxis but will sell to anyone ..

I use such a site local to me and pay 43p a litre ..
It is a top tip Mike however my local Taxi firm have their own tank. The public can buy from it, at 69p a litre! Major drawback, apart from the cost, is they are only there during office hours during the week for the public to fill up, so I don't get chance.
Vivaro named Stewart however ex '96 4wd 2.5TD owner.
mikeWalsall
Supreme Being

Post by mikeWalsall » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:08 pm

Maybe being in a built up area there are several self service

Also a couple with 24 hour contract sales where you pay a deposit on joining . are issued with a plastic DIY 'key' .. and are billed monthly ..

The 'Taxi' one I use is also sells tyres and is a car wash open 7 days from 9am .. they fill up for you ..
JAL Mushroom roof,12/240v, fridge, cooker, sink, LPG V6 .. (written off @ £5500 Nov 2016)
Trabi601
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Trabi601 » Mon Oct 10, 2016 1:23 pm

roosmith wrote:
Trabi601 wrote:If you can let me know where your local Shell is, I can look into it for you.

The Shell estate is roughly 50/50 split between independents and Shell owned stations - obviously, the indies are able to do whatever they want with their LPG installations - but I'm not aware of it being removed on company sites.
I suspect it's an independent. Its Greenfield Service Station, on the A505 near(ish) Royston.
Just checked - you're right, it's an independent.

Return to “Bongo Fuel & Performance Issues”