Quality wiper blades ?

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Quality wiper blades ?

Post by BongoBongo123 » Thu Sep 09, 2021 1:14 pm

Any recommendations please. I would use Bosch by default but on ebay those for Mazda Bongo state only
2 x 400mm front blades and as we know one is a 600mm so that is not quite cutting it.

Have not looked at the Fury shop ones yet if they have them, anyone used them ? Decent quality ?

Halfords are the worst I have ever had so I will never get those. ANy suggestions welcome.

Really important item yet easily overlooked I don't want ones that last 3 months and are then in the bin like Halfords.

Thanks
Bongo George
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Quality wiper blades ?

Post by Bongo George » Thu Sep 09, 2021 7:14 pm

Just got the one's in attachment below seem OK only had a mouth so not put through winter test yet but seem fine 😀
Attachments
Ebay
Ebay
Roy748
Bongolier

Post by Roy748 » Fri Sep 10, 2021 10:42 am

A really good tip is the periodically clean the blades with WD40 applied to a rag and then wiped up and down the blades. This stops squeaking and often the click, as when a blade gets hard it tends to jump when changing direction.
You do not get any oil residue on the windscreen either provided you clean and leave before use.
Harv
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Harv » Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:42 am

I've used https://www.autobulbsdirect.co.uk for many years, quite happily. The brand Iguana does the job and lasts very well. Delivery is very good, and you'll get a discount via Topcashback. Certainly worth a try.
Harvey the Pookah is no longer looked after by Richard
BoolyBongo
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by BoolyBongo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 12:13 pm

Go into Halfords with a measuring tape. That’s where I got mine.
Winnie-bongo
Bongonaut

Post by Winnie-bongo » Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:43 pm

I got mine from Mazdabongo.com posted out with my service parts 🚐
BongoBongo123 the Halfords own wiper blades were made by Bosch but Halfords staff always push the Bosch as more expensive or supposedly better :roll:

A good tip is to get potatoe peeling and wipe the inside of it up and down the blade as I was told by an old mechanic when I was training, also RainX is fantastic and saves the use of the wipers.
BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

Post by BongoBongo123 » Sat Sep 11, 2021 1:55 pm

Responses appreciated. Surprised Halfords are made by Bosch. I would never buy Halfords own brand ever again.. also others have reported the same lack of life span. I never got 3 months before the windscreen was a smeery mess very time they were used.

Appreciate the tips.

Return to “Bongo Chat”