Leak..... I think!!?

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Bongotrio
Apprentice Bongonaut

Leak..... I think!!?

Post by Bongotrio » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:10 am

Hi guys, first post here hope you can help. Went to look at our first bongo the other day, liked it and want it, perfect for us..... BUT... when looking at it, it had some water under the front middle, about 2/3 feet under (not quite under engin) a few drips dripped while i was looking at the the wet patch, started her up and nothing, water looked clear and scent less, coolant in tank fine. It's a 2l. Looked under and above (from bonnet) couldn't see anything. Any ideas?? Cheers.
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Leak..... I think!!?

Post by g8dhe » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:13 am

If the Air Con had been running then it will have just been condensation from the cooling matrix, given that it was likely to have been a hot humid day!
Common concern, also can appear at the rear cooling matrix behind the drivers seat, just make sure that it isn't a leak from the heating circuit however :-)
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:30 am

Good info from Geoff, and the 2 ltr is the simplest, self bleeding so not the world if a hose should need replacing.
Bongotrio
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Bongotrio » Thu Aug 05, 2021 10:43 am

Ah thanks Geoff , the a/c was running! We had engine running pretty much whole time as checking out the aft and stuff.

Return to “Bongo Chat”