Can I swap the gullwing seats for the middle bench seat?

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

gemg
Apprentice Bongonaut

Can I swap the gullwing seats for the middle bench seat?

Post by gemg » Wed Jun 30, 2021 9:03 pm

Hi all newbie here! Thanks for accepting me into the group. Apologies if this has been asked before but I've tried searching and cant find the answer.
Can I swap my gullwing seats for the middle bench seat? I only require 2 back seats but would prefer the seats to have head rests if they are going to be used everyday. Would also like to eventually do a conversion so wouldnt need both sets of seats. Do I need to get longer runners? Is it an easy job for someone that has never done anything like this before?
Thanks in advance
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: Can I swap the gullwing seats for the middle bench seat?

Post by Bob » Wed Jun 30, 2021 10:50 pm

Hi

Could you just leave the gull wings folded away and use the middle seat as it is?
gemg
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by gemg » Fri Jul 02, 2021 11:26 pm

Hi thanks for your reply. Sorry I've only just seen it! Seats could be left as they are but I was wanting to hopefully just keep the back row and have a mid conversion (not much space with the middle row still in) just looking to see what's possible at the moment but would ideally like head rests too.
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sat Jul 03, 2021 9:49 am

OK, I see where you're coming from now. :)

You'll need the long runners, and I'm not sure if you can then just slide the middle one right back, or if it fouls the wheel arches you'd need to source a rear bench.

I don't have one of those so not sure if it has head rests. 8)

Return to “Bongo Chat”