JAL Conversions - again Not able to contact them.

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

binky
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: JAL Conversions - again Not able to contact them.

Post by binky » Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:16 pm

We’re in the same “boat” .. viewed and deposited for a vehicle last October .. guidance was end of May “possibly” and still no news. Very sparse comms, one word replies to one in ten of our messages. When we met him, not very friendly and short, sharp answers .. then 6 months nothing! Very stressful as six grand sitting with him. We’ll keep waiting. :cry:
SKatey
Junior Bongonaut

Post by SKatey » Sun Jul 04, 2021 7:58 pm

binky wrote: Sat Jul 03, 2021 6:16 pm We’re in the same “boat” .. viewed and deposited for a vehicle last October .. guidance was end of May “possibly” and still no news. Very sparse comms, one word replies to one in ten of our messages. When we met him, not very friendly and short, sharp answers .. then 6 months nothing! Very stressful as six grand sitting with him. We’ll keep waiting. :cry:
Gosh. That's worrying for you (and, selfishly, for me too). I wonder whether he's been ill but I JUST WISH HE'D TELL US.....

I wonder too if he's still selling vehicles.
Ian
Supreme Being

Post by Ian » Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:35 pm

I've got some news on this. Phil, sounding under a lot of stress, has been in touch to apologise for the lack of communication. This is due to unprecedented demand with a huge backlog of orders, emails, phone messages etc. It hasn't helped that they have moved premises and some of the old numbers are no longer in operation.

Rest assured that everybody's money is safe, but delivery dates may be extended.

The best way (at the moment) to contact JAL is to send a text to 07729 386968.
668. The Neighbour of The Beast.
SKatey
Junior Bongonaut

Post by SKatey » Tue Jul 13, 2021 9:29 pm

Ian wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:35 pm I've got some news on this. Phil, sounding under a lot of stress, has been in touch to apologise for the lack of communication. This is due to unprecedented demand with a huge backlog of orders, emails, phone messages etc. It hasn't helped that they have moved premises and some of the old numbers are no longer in operation.

Rest assured that everybody's money is safe, but delivery dates may be extended.

Thanks, Ian.
SKatey
Junior Bongonaut

Post by SKatey » Thu Jul 22, 2021 10:49 pm

Ian wrote: Tue Jul 13, 2021 2:35 pm I've got some news on this. Phil, sounding under a lot of stress, has been in touch to apologise for the lack of communication. This is due to unprecedented demand with a huge backlog of orders, emails, phone messages etc. It hasn't helped that they have moved premises and some of the old numbers are no longer in operation.

Ian - do you know how far behind he is? He doesn't respond to the texts either.
When we put our deposit down, he said end July/beg August, as a conservative estimate, possibly earlier. Obviously that isn't going to happen but I'm wondering if we'll get any summer out of it at all now.
rita
Supreme Being

Post by rita » Fri Jul 23, 2021 10:34 pm

This guy seems as though he cant run a business, in business it doesn't matter how stressed you are your customer's should be able to contact you or your business.

Talking about stress it looks very much like his customers are at the top of the tree, give the Trading Standards a wee call for their advice.

Take care.
Sofiah
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by Sofiah » Wed Jul 28, 2021 6:28 pm

Thanks for the update Ian it is reassuring to know someone has heard from him.

We are also still waiting to hear from him as he did estimate August also as a conservative estimate but haven't heard anything at all.
Then again I have seen an advert on this website for their vans posted 17/07/21 with phone number 01386792946, no answer today so will try again tomorrow.

Would have been great to get a few summer trips in! But looking unlikely now.

Return to “Bongo Chat”