Friendee 2005 2L Petrol - problem of parking gear light stays on when ignition off

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

bongoDHG
Apprentice Bongonaut

Friendee 2005 2L Petrol - problem of parking gear light stays on when ignition off

Post by bongoDHG » Wed Apr 14, 2021 8:48 pm

URGENT - Can anyone help?
Just bought my Bonfo Friendee 2005 2L Auto Petrol campervan - it's lovely, and just fitted a steering lock.
Whatever I did fiddling with fitting it I must have touched a switch.
What has happened now is that the orange light against the automatic gear level for parking (P) stays on all the time, even when I take out the ignition key and lock the door (Also the horn works).
I am worried that the battery will ru9n down!
Does anyone know how I can get that parking light to go out?
There is also a green P illu9minated on the dashboard.
HELP!!
Thanks
bongoDHG
Apprentice Bongonaut

Re: Friendee 2005 2L Petrol - problem of parking gear light stays on when ignition off

Post by bongoDHG » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:09 pm

I am repl;ying to myself! You all probably think I am a bit stupid but I've got it to go out - I just pressed the footbrake! Is this normal? I had tried everything and I am sure I included that - but when I tried it again later - the light went out!
Thanks all!
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Friendee 2005 2L Petrol - problem of parking gear light stays on when ignition off

Post by g8dhe » Wed Apr 14, 2021 9:11 pm

That's a trifle odd! It suggests that what is called the IG1 ignition circuit is remaining live when switched off, which it shouldn't!

Do you have a leisure battery fitted ?

Check on the fuse panel by the drivers knee, do you have any additional wires added into the fuse block, especially the second row far left fuse which should be a Blue 15 Amp fuse ?
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
bongoDHG
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bongoDHG » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:48 pm

Geoff - thanks for your useful reply. I will ask mechanic to check it when I get my new spare part fitted (exhaust Lambard sensor - cost £270!)
best wishes
David
bongoDHG
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bongoDHG » Thu Apr 15, 2021 8:49 pm

Geoff - me again. Yes I do have a leisure battery.
Davud
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Post by g8dhe » Thu Apr 15, 2021 9:54 pm

In that case check to see if you have a Swap loom fitted, this is where normally 4 circuits are picked up from the fuse panel at the drivers knee and are swapped over to the leisure battery, just wondering if someone has swapped the wrong circuits over. They should look like this, but there are other ways of doing it ;
Willingtonkitfusepanel.jpg
Willingtonkitfusepanel.jpg (23.52 KiB) Viewed 1216 times
It could be that rather than the top left fuse, someone has picked up the middle row far left fuse in error!
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
bongoDHG
Apprentice Bongonaut

Post by bongoDHG » Mon Apr 26, 2021 11:06 pm

Geoff - many thanks for your post. I will keep this in mind if this problem persists. I wouldn't have thought someone has done that witht the wires because the previous owner had it for three years without a problem and didn't get it serviced, but I will monitor situation.
Going for first big outing at weekend!Best wishes
David

Return to “Bongo Chat”