We have Bongo's

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

BongoBongo123
Supreme Being

We have Bongo's

Post by BongoBongo123 » Mon Jan 25, 2021 2:37 pm

Had to remind myself.. turned her over yesterday, did not go anywhere just run engine for 20mins moved forwards 1 meter.. to stop the square tyres from 3 weeks sitting. Look forwards to getting out again in the future but have not been up to much the last month.
I do use the Bongo for hobby related activities roadside but since recreation was thrown out the window with the latest lockdown rules I don't even go out for that at the moment over the last month.

I did find it a bit bonkers people were out on hills sleighing and what not.. BBC showing 100's of people on some Surrey hills "exercise". I cannot quite square that with being responsible myself.. driving in snow when the NHS is on the brink, mixing with 100's and 100's of others in the same place, seems like a bit of a stretch for essential journeys and "excercise" to me...anyway.

Are you getting up to any legally permitted activities ? I have decided to just stay in, I mess about in the garden, bit of excercise, air and light etc. But I have to remind myself to move the Bongo a bit, stop it seizing up. Got to do a legally permitted 10mile round trip tomorrow so that's something I guess.. saved a lot of fuel money this winter for sure.

Bored mind you ! Even postponed the pre MOT oil change so far.
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: We have Bongo's

Post by Bob » Mon Jan 25, 2021 3:33 pm

Walk from home every day, Bongy get to visit the supermarket once a week.

That's about it, but we're smiling and being grateful for where we are. More fortunate than a lot.
Flanners
Bongolier

Re: We have Bongo's

Post by Flanners » Wed Feb 03, 2021 12:03 pm

Before the latest instalment I was driving locally in the Bongo to walk or cycle and then have lunch etc in the van. The Bongo has been SORN's since end of December, washed every couple of weeks and the Pingi's recharged....enjoying adventures away to Cornwall, Somerset and Norfolk seems somewhat surreal.
2002 2.0 Aero with Outback Conversion and Roof Top Tent

Return to “Bongo Chat”