Door locks

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Weavy
Junior Bongonaut

Door locks

Post by Weavy » Fri Dec 04, 2020 12:01 am

Hi guys just wondering as I can't see the answer via google what is the difference between the locks as ones for air bag and none air bag I assume that's its more to do with the ignition
g8dhe
Supreme Being

Re: Door locks

Post by g8dhe » Fri Dec 04, 2020 9:41 am

Not quite sure what your getting at up to 2000 there isn't any connection between the door locks and the air bags.
Geoff
2001 Aero V6, AFT, full side conversion.
Image Spherical Visions
nth
Bongolier

Post by nth » Sat Dec 05, 2020 7:08 pm

The steering locks are (apparently) different between airbag & non airbag models.
There wont be any difference in the door locks barrels.

On that note has anyone found a supplier of blank locks so I can make it up to suit my key? Some scumbag (unsuccessfully) tried to break in to mines last week the lock face is damaged. I have OCD about having different keys/locks so not putting a different barrel & key in.
95 2.5d 4WD AFT
Weavy
Junior Bongonaut

Post by Weavy » Sun Dec 06, 2020 8:28 pm

Thank you guys I did mean the barrel and not door locks but all good as I've just sold a set but doesn't need the ignition. While we're on about locks seeing a few ppl have had there's done over is there a Anti tamper one that fit know the ones that take a round key
nth
Bongolier

Post by nth » Mon Dec 14, 2020 9:03 pm

The tubular locks are a waste of time, there are tools available online that can open them with practically no skill whatsoever.
The other issue is you could get the best hardened, drill & pick resistant locks but at the end of the day they are mounted on a piece of sheet metal a few mm thick. They just puncture the metal around the lock with the screwdriver & pop it out of the door.
95 2.5d 4WD AFT

Return to “Bongo Chat”