How to paint Bongo

Anything non-technical about the Mazda Bongo Friendee van

Moderators: Bongoplod, aitch

Jambalaya
Apprentice Bongonaut

How to paint Bongo

Post by Jambalaya » Wed Oct 07, 2020 8:41 am

Hi!
I am super excited because I have managed to buy an old (but gold) Bongo in Poland. You have no idea how difficult it was but hey, it is mine now! It definitely needs work - a lot of it but I have all the time in the world as it is my passion project.
One thing I would like to do is to paint it in something crazy like flowers or a Scooby Doo van or you get the idea. I don't suppose any of you know of a workshop around here that does such a work. But could I ask a graffiti artist to paint it for me? How would I secure the outside of a car? Paint it with some foundation first or a white paint or whatever ground color? Or maybe there are huge stickers - to be bought online - with various patterns I could buy and just stick on my Bingo Bango Bongo?
Please forgive me if I sound chaotic but the excitement got the best of me!
You can ask me about Gruzar!
Bob
Supreme Being

Re: How to paint Bongo

Post by Bob » Thu Oct 08, 2020 9:31 am

Hi. 8)

It all depends what you want. Presonaly I wouldn't let a graffiti vandal near my Bongo, but someone else might love it.

Your best bet is an internet search for vinyl stickers, you must be able to get them as many company vans are marked up this way.

Also, look into 'vehicle wrapping':

https://www.autotrader.co.uk/content/gu ... r-wrapping
Stevievee
Bongolier

Post by Stevievee » Fri Oct 09, 2020 7:53 am

Hi,

Try www.hippymotors.co.uk

There are also some photos of the decals they do on the Bongo Fury Instagram page.

Steve
Bob
Supreme Being

Post by Bob » Sun Oct 11, 2020 10:11 am

Neat. =D>

Return to “Bongo Chat”